Phillies 2017 Thread

Started by MDS, April 02, 2017, 08:00:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MDS

where my man j at....his boys won. good day.
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

PhillyPhreak54

0-5 5k's means platinum sombrero

Didn't watch or listen to an inning today

Rome

The June Swoon came a month early this year.  Probably global warming. 

MDS

jp had his obp up to 315 a few days ago

since then hes 0/16 with 1 walk. 175/291/221 slash line.
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

Don Ho

Watch the replay of Saunders bomb on CSN.  As he rounds first base one of the Phillies in the dugout is having an out of body experience celebrating.  "YES!! We're only 12.5 out!"
"Well where does Jack Lord live, or Don Ho?  That's got to be a nice neighborhood"  Jack Singer(Nicholas Cage) in Honeymoon in Vegas.

MDS

phillies have lost 23 of 29 and had 4 hits in a game started by a guy who hasnt won since last august

i didnt pay attention to the full organization in the late 90s like i do now, but at least then they drafted pat burrell and jd drew so there was hope...until burrell turned out to be just a solid player and drew never signed.

this is worse.

PhillyPhreak54

But by all means let's just keep the guys in the minors now

MDS

the only guy who should be called up is hoskins. i hate tommy joseph as much as the next guy but him and altherr are basically the only ones hitting.

alfaro isnt ready yet...jp just got his average over 200....roman quinn doesnt project as anything above a 4th outfielder and on top of that doesnt have anywhere to play everyday.

i know you dont follow the minor leagues but who are they supposed to call up exactly?

PhillyPhreak54

I'd call up Quinn and let him see what he can do for the rest of the year. Get rid of Saunders.

It's too bad Joseph can't catch anymore but you're right about him...at least for now. If he keeps it up then great.

Why do you think Alfaro isn't ready? He's got to play at some point. Let's go.

Lively needs a callup I think.

Beato and Venditte for the BP

Maybe even Nick Williams too.

MDS

Quote from: PhillyPhreak54 on May 29, 2017, 10:34:53 PM
I'd call up Quinn and let him see what he can do for the rest of the year. Get rid of Saunders.

im fine with this but then what to do about kendrick? the point of having altherr-herrera-quinn OF would be to play them everyday. you can consider sending franco down and moving kendrick to 3B, but thats a temporary solution.

quinn will be up soon enough. hes "ready" but his ceiling is low.

It's too bad Joseph can't catch anymore but you're right about him...at least for now. If he keeps it up then great.

joseph sucks

Quote from: PhillyPhreak54 on May 29, 2017, 10:34:53 PMWhy do you think Alfaro isn't ready? He's got to play at some point. Let's go.

because hes had less than 2 months of triple a. hes not ready to take on handling 5 pitchers per week plus hitting. so if he came up, hed play maybe half the time. this is his last development year before he cannot be sent down. hes playing everyday, as he should. hell be up in september and ease into being a starting catcher next year, when he has no development time remaining.

not to mention he has a 284 obp and 606 ops in may. 1 walk and 29 strikeouts. hes never going to be a patient hitter, but those numbers are terrible no matter what.

Lively needs a callup I think.

Beato and Venditte for the BP

i mean sure these things are fine, but its not going to be a difference. id imagine lively will take eflin's spot, but hes about the same level of talent.  beato is a middle reliever. so exciting. venditte has had plenty of ML time and been pretty terrible, but whatever he throws with both hands! lets have fun.

Quote from: PhillyPhreak54 on May 29, 2017, 10:34:53 PMMaybe even Nick Williams too.

ok hes an outfielder and has nowhere to play, unless you want to give up on herrera, who has been horrendous this year but has 2 full seasons of very good production at the ML level. odubel has a long leash.

williams has been pretty good as of late...hes hitting well enough against lhp and been on a power surge lately....a few more months of this and he can force his way up. but he needs to show more consistency.

PhillyPhreak54

I'd get rid of Saunders and Kendrick. Whatever they can get for them and if it's nothing then so be it. Even if they did hit for the next month you're not getting anything more than a low level minor leaguer. And having the current guys come up is more important to me than some low level guy.

And I wouldn't be opposed to sending Franco down for awhile. He's earned nothing in the bigs to prevent a wake up call demotion.

I know Joseph sucks.

Fine with Alfaro staying put if Mack doesn't play that rotting carcass Cameron Rupp. Let Knapp sink or swim.

The two BP guys could help but it's not make or break. They both have good numbers down there.

Williams/Altherr/ODub/Quinn in the OF rotation

MDS

Quote from: PhillyPhreak54 on May 29, 2017, 11:05:43 PM
I'd get rid of Saunders and Kendrick. Whatever they can get for them and if it's nothing then so be it. Even if they did hit for the next month you're not getting anything more than a low level minor leaguer. And having the current guys come up is more important to me than some low level guy.

this is a pretty ridiculous move to make...you have something like $18 million invested in these 2 guys. 1 is just getting back from injury. you want to cut bait on memorial day because the zesty team is zesty? umm no. id imagine saunders doesnt have a ton of time left to get back to his career averages, but kendrick aint goin nowhere.

Quote from: PhillyPhreak54 on May 29, 2017, 11:05:43 PM
Williams/Altherr/ODub/Quinn in the OF rotation

no

im sorry the phillies suck but youre just gonna have to power through this until they can throw 300 million at harper after 2018

PhillyPhreak54

Thank god you're not a GM

This team isn't going anywhere. Let the kids play.

Sgt PSN

Quote from: PhillyPhreak54 on May 29, 2017, 11:21:11 PM
Thank god you're not a GM

If lil guy were the Phillies GM, the roster would be the least of my concerns.
Bobblehead Night would be replaced with Dreidel Day and Dollar Dog Night would consist of Hebrew National Franks for tree fitty.  And the Phanatic would probably get...um...snip snip snip.  It'd be total chaos I tells ya. 

Rome

Firing Mackanin would be a great start.  His extension was a joke and this horseshtein franchise makes more boneheaded moves than any other I've followed.  It's just incredible.