farg Dallas! Thread

Started by SD_Eagle5, March 16, 2006, 10:13:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The BIGSTUD

Cowboys | Report - Owens agrees to three-year deal with Dallas
Thu, 16 Mar 2006 20:55:47 -0800

Jay Glazer, of FOXSports.com, free agent WR Terrell Owens' (Eagles) agent, Drew Rosenhaus, has denied a report from KLBK-13 CBS TV in Lubbock, Texas, that Owens has agreed to a deal with the Dallas Cowboys. While Rosenhaus is denying the report, a source close to Owens has confirmed to FOXSports.com that Owens has agreed to a three-year deal and it will not be announced until the coming days.
Calling it right on the $ since day one.
Just pointing laughing, and living it up while watching the Miami Heat stink it up.

General_Failure

The man. The myth. The legend.

General_Failure

A quote from a Dallasfan friend of mine about Owens, Irvin's manlove for him, and this signing: Good - they can have junk trunk rape parties.

The man. The myth. The legend.

MDS

Does TO realize he's catchin balls for THE Drew Bledsoe?
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

DH

That looks like a fake kffl posting. The format is off, and I've never seen the word "report" in a kffl report.

The BIGSTUD

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/5420122

Even in free agency, Terrell Owens' situation continues to be somewhat of a saga.

Thursday night, Lubbock's KLBK-13 CBS TV reported that the Cowboys have struck a deal with Owens. But when contacted by FOXSports.com about the report, agent Drew Rosenhaus vehemently denied that any such deal was finalized.

"I heard about the report too," Rosenhaus said. "Not true. Absolutely not true."

Despite Rosenhaus' denials however, a source close to Owens told FOXSports.com that the receiver has in fact agreed to a three-year deal with the Cowboys — a deal that likely won't be announced until the weekend in order for owner Jerry Jones to be available in Dallas to properly make the announcement.

And now the next 48 hours will tell who's telling the truth.

Owens was finally released by the Eagles on Tuesday, and his release was timed so that the Eagles could avoid paying him a $5 million roster bonus due Wednesday. In addition to Dallas, Denver, Kansas City and Miami were said to be interested.

But the Cowboys talk heated up when, soon after Owens was released, the Cowboys cut receiver Keyshawn Johnson to avoid a $1 million bonus. Johnson was scheduled to make only $1.5 million this season, but was seeking an extension and a raise.

Owens is two years younger than Johnson and more dynamic, with defenses fearing him deep and across the middle. He has also been disruptive to his own teams, leaving bad feelings in San Francisco and wearing out his welcome even more quickly in Philadelphia, albeit after helping the Eagles get to the Super Bowl.

The Eagles have long been wary about the Cowboys trying to land Owens, even asking the NFL to punish Jones for comments in November that they interpreted as trying to woo him. Philadelphia backed off its tampering claim a few days later, but the coming days might prove whether team officials were onto something.

Owens in a Dallas uniform would be a stunning turn of events considering how reviled he was for celebrating touchdowns against the Cowboys on the team's midfield logo at Texas Stadium. But he's a marquee player in every sense, and Jones has never shied from those types.

Adding to the intrigue is the presence of coach Bill Parcells. He had no problem taking in Johnson two years ago when the receiver was coming off a spat with Tampa Bay coach Jon Gruden, but that was different because they'd been together before.

An Owens-Parcells pairing would be nothing if not interesting, although the same was thought about Parcells and Jones, and they're three years into their relationship without any known blowups.
Calling it right on the $ since day one.
Just pointing laughing, and living it up while watching the Miami Heat stink it up.

SD_Eagle5

I'd love to see the contract numbers Dallas was dumb enough to give him. Let the hypocrisy begin.

Bigskinbauer

:-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D
:-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D

GO TERPS

EJ72

Quote from: SD_Eagle on March 17, 2006, 12:08:37 AM
I'd love to see the contract numbers Dallas was dumb enough to give him. Let the hypocrisy begin.

SD_Eagle, despite his well documented behavior, he's going to get paid. The market was set when around $30M with $11M guaranteed was dumped into the lap of a #3 WR who didn't have the stats that Owens had last year in half a season. I doubt he even has as many TDs in his career that Owens had in half a season.

It'll probably be a deal similiar to the one he signed with you only shorter. A hunk of the money up front, spread out over a few years.

Don Ho

EJ,

Be afraid, be very afraid.
"Well where does Jack Lord live, or Don Ho?  That's got to be a nice neighborhood"  Jack Singer(Nicholas Cage) in Honeymoon in Vegas.

PhillyPhreak54

Know what's hilarious?

These idiots on the radio here (Big Daddy Graham, Rhea and callers) acting like this is some sort of big news. The worst kept secret over the last few weeks was that he was going to Dallas. Everyone knew it. But last night people were acting shocked that Dallas is going to sign him.

So of course that brought on some McNabb bashing, FO bashing and general hatred of the Eagles.

PhillyGirl

Quote from: PhillyPhreak54 on March 17, 2006, 08:41:52 AM
Know what's hilarious?

These idiots on the radio here (Big Daddy Graham, Rhea and callers) acting like this is some sort of big news. The worst kept secret over the last few weeks was that he was going to Dallas. Everyone knew it. But last night people were acting shocked that Dallas is going to sign him.

So of course that brought on some McNabb bashing, FO bashing and general hatred of the Eagles.

And I'm sure they're all saying things like "Reid couldn't handle him, but Parcells will" and shtein like that.

::)
"Oh, yeah. They'll still boo. They have to. They're born to boo. Just now, they'll only boo with two Os instead of like four." - Larry Andersen

SunMo

i agree that in the long-term, TO will rip the Cowboys apart, just like the Eagles and Niners.  but next year, he's going to kill everybody, including the Eagles.
I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood.

PhillyGirl

Sorry, but is this even an actual deal? No other place is reporting it but Glazer's report of a "source" and Rosenpuke's denial.
"Oh, yeah. They'll still boo. They have to. They're born to boo. Just now, they'll only boo with two Os instead of like four." - Larry Andersen

SunMo

well, all comments being made under the premise that he is going to sign.  if he doesn't this thread becomes null and void, per the contract.
I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood.