Malcolm Jenkins, Philadelphia Eagle

Started by Munson, March 11, 2014, 05:02:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eagaholic

Although he did look like at least plan B after they weren't be to land Mitchell before he signed with Pit.

Kinda nice they did want a hard hitting guy though. Maybe Pryor in the draft?

ice grillin you

Quote from: Rome on March 11, 2014, 05:37:44 PM
He's got a ring and I have to think that if the Saints weren't in cap hell they would have re-signed his ass.

Or not.

im gonna go with the or not part

gonna be interesting to see how this plays out in the coming few years....saints basically allow their scraps to go to philly while they sign arguably the top FA on the market at the same position...not saying the eagles are wrong or the saints are right but its interesting to see two contenders who just played in the playoffs go about FA is such a different manner
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

QB Eagles

The Saints have also gotten rid of Lance Moore, Will Smith, Jabari Greer, Roman Harper, and Jonathan Vilma, and they are looking to get rid of Darren Sproles and Pierre Thomas. They're in the midst of a deep veteran purge that has left them with no one on their defense from the team that won the Super Bowl 4 years ago. Both the Saints and Eagles may have been in the playoffs last year, but the Eagles are building up from scratch on D while the Saints are trying to inject some life back into an older squad that was tied up in a lot of big money contracts.

ice grillin you

id say the saints are starting from scratch on D just as much as the eagles if not more....teams are about in the same position which is why its interesting to see one go for a foundation and the other for a complementary piece....especially when the team who got the big time player has less money

the big difference is that the saints already have their 20 million dollar qb on the books whereas the eagles are planning for the future knowing they are going to have to cake off their qb big time in a year...also the saints dont have a ton of elite drew brees years left whereas the eagles have a young qb and can slow roll their play more

QB Eagles

Yeah I agree with the Eagles having the ability to build slower. If they legitimately have a window at all, it's staying open longer than the Saints window is. And if Chip and Foles ever get to points in their careers where they are comparable to Payton and Brees (we can dream), the Eagles will have the luxury of taking bigger risks with the rest of their roster just like the Saints do now, because that combination alone is enough to keep them competitive.

phillycrew

Quote from: ice grillin you on March 11, 2014, 05:26:45 PM
hes replacing nate allen not chung...chung only started like 9 games and wouldnt have had that many if the wolffman didnt get hurt

be interesting to see what they do with the other spot now

but yeah overall not a very overwhelming signing....but for only eight and  a half guaranteed its a really good value
Then why did the Eagles release Chung?  Unless they are planning on Wolff or the other new safety they signed.  He looks more like a special teamer.

ice grillin you

Quote from: phillycrew on March 12, 2014, 12:36:37 PM
hes replacing nate allen not chung...chung only started like 9 games and wouldnt have had that many if the wolffman didnt get hurt

but yeah overall not a very overwhelming signing....but for only eight and  a half guaranteed its a really good value
Then why did the Eagles release Chung?  Unless they are planning on Wolff or the other new safety they signed.  He looks more like a special teamer.

because chung is a worthless pos

and wolff very well may be the other safety....also why is he a special teamer?....im not ready to annoint him or anything but nothing about his play last year said special teamer to me

phillycrew

Quote from: ice grillin you on March 12, 2014, 01:57:02 PM
Quote from: phillycrew on March 12, 2014, 12:36:37 PM

because chung is a worthless pos

and wolff very well may be the other safety....also why is he a special teamer?....im not ready to annoint him or anything but nothing about his play last year said special teamer to me
Maragos is the special teamer.  I think the starting safeties will be Wolff and Jenkins which looks good to me.

ice grillin you

ah gotcha

i basically agree altho i wouldnt rule out a draft pick beating out wolffman...wouldnt suprise at all if they still went safety in round one depending on how their board falls

Rome

They would have to go wayyy up for Calvin Pryor.

ice grillin you

Quote from: Rome on March 12, 2014, 02:32:18 PM
They would have to go wayyy up for Calvin Pryor.

i think he goes in the teens and he easily could go in the low 20's depending on what happenes with other players and pryor himself btwn now and may....it wasnt long ago that pryor wasnt even a first rounder to a lot of people...he happens to be a hot name right now but he is probably peaking too early and is bound to cool down...happens all the time

theres also clinton dix who will fall in the general area of the eagles pick if they like him

Rome

Pryor no way gets past Buffalo at 9 now.

ice grillin you

SunMo

I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood.

BigEd76