Week 17 - Washington: Geronimoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

Started by MDS, December 27, 2020, 09:27:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ice grillin you

i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

Don Ho

I am sick to my stomach.  After listening to Doug the puppet at the presser I've had it.  This organization is still going to farg up the draft they're gonna farg up free agency and were sniffing 6-10 IF they're lucky.  These pricks get everything they deserve.  I keep hoping a story leaks
that someone from WTF front office threatened to rape and set Howie's family on fire if the birds didn't role over.

It's so refreshing to know that there only one wide receiver away from returning to the conference championship.
"Well where does Jack Lord live, or Don Ho?  That's got to be a nice neighborhood"  Jack Singer(Nicholas Cage) in Honeymoon in Vegas.

Diomedes

I may be late to the party but: fire Doug.

After that game... Tell me Kelce wants to play for Doug again.  Go through all the bullshtein for an eleventh year.. I don't see it.

Or, Hurts:  I'm him, this morning my agent is trying to talk me out of making a demand for a trade as well.

Player exodus imminent.  If they can get out they will.

Disgusting.
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

PhillyPhreak54

Doug isn't going anywhere and last night was them doing what was best for the team.

Diomedes

There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

General_Failure

I'm finding it real hard to care about this. Dougie said all week Sudfeld would get playing time in this game. Hurts went a cool 7/20 with a pick and was running for his life on every play. Sudfeld went 5/12 with a pick and was running for his life on every play. The only success anyone had was either a called run or a Hurts scramble. Now if you want to get mad about three straight passes after first and goal, I'm with you there, and we're probably in agreement that taking the ball out of Hurts' hands would have been the right call, so why is anyone mad he didn't get to finish the game?

I care even less about the playoff implications. Am I supposed to be mad the 6-10 Giants didn't win the division? A team that only outscored the Jets for the season? Get the farg outta here.

I'm all aboard on firing Doug, though. Howie too. I was on board for that the moment they said the GM is deciding who gets to dress for games. I'll miss the offensive coaching staff having an Assistant to the Assistant Run Game Coordinator, but there's a crazy idea that someone having direct control over the offense might be a good thing. I'd like to see them look into that.

The man. The myth. The legend.

Diomedes

I don't care about the Giants situation at all..

It's the stain of quitting that will never Wash out that I'm furious over.  Kelce wasn't wrong that you play to win.  Schwarz wasn't wrong that draft position be damned you don't let a rival celebrate even a "meaningless" win in your own house, much less a play off berth.

Doug: winning is for suckers, the smart play is to quit so you can draft a higher round player, and won't he love playing for a quitter.

PhillyPhreak54

Keep that same energy should the Eagles get into position when they have clinched and decide to rest players in week 17 in a game where the outcome could affect another team's playoff lives.

Kelce is absolutely right and what he said was valid. He also knows that last night wasn't going to net them anything. He's getting paid and when (if) he comes back next year and things are better because they have drafted a stud WR and have other picks in the fold lets see if people have this same disgust.

This isn't new. Why are people acting like what the Eagles did is some affront to the game?

Again I point out that they did not play a ton of guys last night. If the game was a win and in do you think some of the guys who didn't play would have played? Would Miles Sanders, Cox, Barnett and others been on the field?

ice grillin you

On NBC Sports Philadelphia's postgame show, former Eagles linebacker Seth Joyner said "I have never been more ashamed to be associated with the Philadelphia Eagles than I am tonight."

Rome

I'm still laughing at the outrage expressed by giants Hoydas.  A 6-10 team has no business criticizing anyone but themselves for their predicament. 

That said, Doug would be gone if I was Lurie.  I'm not so farg it.

PhillyPhreak54

PhillyPhreak54

also the cost to trade up from 9 to 6?

a second round pick

ice grillin you

Quote from: PhillyPhreak54 on January 04, 2021, 10:37:38 AM
Ten starters were out last night btw. Ten.

no one was screaming about a tank before the game started...front offices should and can tank...but once your players go out there and they battle for 3Q and its a game you cant as a coach tank in game and throw all the guys who were out there fighting under the bus...even if they had started nate sudfeld it would have been OK...but what doug did last night was as bad a look as you can give and he did it on national tv...he wont get fired because howie and lurie supported what he did but i dont know how you bring him back into a locker room to lead a team after that

PhillyPhreak54

Because the players will understand it - the big picture of it.

Sudfeld has been around long enough that the vets whom this supposedly will piss off, assuming it does, that I am sure they were ok with him getting some run. Why? Because the season was done.

ice grillin you

the people most upset about this and screaming the loudest are all ex players like seth....dont get me wrong the only people defending it at all are a small group of super eagle fans but the most incredulous about it are actual players

doug can come back and guys are gonna play for him because its their jobs but no one is ever going to go the extra mile for the guy or have any respect for him