2008 Phillies Spring Training Thread

Started by Wingspan, February 14, 2008, 12:25:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SunMo

yeah, he has speed, so he steals bases, that means he has production value.  Feliz is here for defense first and offense second, he's not more important to the lineup than Victorino, not even close, same goes for the RF platoon.
I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood.

SD_Eagle5

Quote from: SunMo on March 16, 2008, 01:36:10 PM
results don't mean shtein...but Charlie has been making comments about the team being too loose and not taking things seriously, in fact Shane Victorino got pulled into his office the other day

yup, I wasn't even thinking about their win/loss record...if freakin Cholly of all people says the team is too loose its too damn loose.

Rome

Quote from: SunMo on March 16, 2008, 01:57:47 PM
yeah, he has speed, so he steals bases, that means he has production value.  Feliz is here for defense first and offense second, he's not more important to the lineup than Victorino, not even close, same goes for the RF platoon.

Mo, I didn't say he doesn't have value.  He does.  He is what he is, though.  The Phillies could just as easily bat him seventh, and they would if they had a better hitter to put in that 2 hole.

SunMo

i hope an alligator bites your head off
I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood.

Seabiscuit36

Quote from: SunMo on March 16, 2008, 02:06:35 PM
i hope an alligator bites your head off
I'd prefer hands, then Rome would have a hard time golfing and typing.  Its all in the Hips
"For all the civic slurs, for all the unsavory things said of the Philadelphia fans, also say this: They could teach loyalty to a dog. Their capacity for pain is without limit." -Bill Lyons

PhillyPhreak54

I'm not so much concerned with W-L's in the spring Rome, because I know that alot of younger guys play and yadda, yadda yadda. But I am concerned with reading about Charlie saying they miss Rowand's leadership, him having to dig in Victorino's ass and then seeing them not even putting up numbers in these games.

Howard and Ruiz seem ready, but everyone else looks like they are struggling. We are 2 weeks away from the start of the season and its time for the to flip the switch from clowns to play ball.

Stop the money bitching (King Cole), stop the talking and start doing something to back up the talking.

ice grillin you

phillies will be under 500 this year...book it
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

PhillyPhreak54

ice grillin you

im not gonna bet it without odds...because after all they were a playoff team last year but they are gonna implode this year...their pitching is horrendous..i cant believe kyle kendrick is thier #3 guy

PhillyPhreak54

Myers goes 7 strong today (5 hits 2R 3K 0BB) and has a spring ERA of 1.64.

Spring averages;

Rollins - .158
Victorino - .231
Utley - .194
Choke Dawg - .375
Werth - .167
Jenkins - .136
Dobbs .286

PhillyPhreak54

Quote from: ice grillin you on March 16, 2008, 03:41:24 PM
im not gonna bet it without odds...because after all they were a playoff team last year but they are gonna implode this year...their pitching is horrendous..i cant believe kyle kendrick is thier #3 guy

What odds do you want?

The pitching, as a whole, is not that bad. At least not as bad as you make it out to be. Kendrick is a #3 guy anywhere, on this team or any team. Hell, on most teams he would be a #2 guy. Pitching is so scarce its not funny. Unless you are a rare team like Boston who is just flat out loaded.

The BP isnt bad either, assuming they stay healthy. Lidge, Romero, Gordon, Madson = pretty solid.

The Mets pitching is worse even with Johan.

ice grillin you

SD_Eagle5

Quote from: ice grillin you on March 16, 2008, 03:38:24 PM
phillies will be under 500 this year...book it

I'm thinking the 86-90 wins range but I do agree the starting pitching outside of Myers and Hamels is scary

PhillyPhreak54