The "I Miss Sassy" Sports Thread

Started by Rome, February 06, 2008, 10:16:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MDS

minny duluth and north dakota are in a 4 ot tournament game with ron hextall's cousin announcing

i am the only person in the planet watching this
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

Don Ho

I did see the last three OT's.  I don't know a lot about hockey but that was simply amazing.  Don't play again until almost two weeks.  10 days of IV's and oxygen.
"Well where does Jack Lord live, or Don Ho?  That's got to be a nice neighborhood"  Jack Singer(Nicholas Cage) in Honeymoon in Vegas.

ice grillin you

Quoteack Leiter is working on four innings of a no hitter tonight. 11 Ks in 12 outs. After throwing 7 no-hit innings last week. After throwing a 9-inning no-hitter the week before. Never seen this at this level in my 20 seasons at BA.
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

ice grillin you

i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

SD

Munson

Quote from: ice grillin you on April 01, 2008, 05:10:48 PM
perhaps you could explain sd's reasons for "disliking" it as well since you seem to be so in tune with other peoples minds

PhillyPhreak54

Anyone got some Derby picks today?

Diomedes

There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

PhillyPhreak54

No I'm sorry there's no horse by that name racing today.

QB Eagles

Degenerate Gambler would be a great name for a horse. I assume it would be rejected by the body that approves such things on account of being too fun.

PhillyPhreak54

Agreed but if they rejected it you could just call him Eddie Mush after the character in A Bronx Tale

Rome

BREAKING: Derby winner Medina Spirit turns down an invitation to Mar-a-Lago. Asked why, he said "If I wanted to see a horse's ass, I would've finished second!"

phattymatty

so does anyone know what happens to the bets if they cancel the KD winner?

I went about 0 for 50 but was real close on a bunch so that would be nice to retroactively win some.  I'm assuming bets are final now but have no idea.

Rome

If you collected on a winner there's nothing they can do, obviously.   I'm pretty sure the tracks are never paying out on a disputed ticket. 

I've never heard of one doing that anyway.

I'm sure someone will sue, though.  If I had a 25-1 WPS ticket I'd be asking for my dough on the winner, especially if it was wheeled on an exacta, triple or super. 

phattymatty

well yeah I am sure people who won won't need to pay it back lol but I'm wondering for those like me who lost, will we have a chance to collect if horse is disqualified?  I assume no.

EDIT: Found the answer is no.

QuoteKentucky Horse Racing Commission regulations say payouts are based on "the order of finish as declared 'official' by the stewards or judges."
"A subsequent change in the order of finish or award of purse money that may result from a subsequent ruling by the stewards, judges, or commission shall not affect the pari-mutuel payout."