Relaunching! Sorta!

Started by General_Failure, March 11, 2009, 10:50:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

General_Failure

By now you probably noticed the new forum up near the top of the board. Fan_Since_64 and I have ended our long-running feud over which CSI is the best one, and we're happy to say he's back. To celebrate, he's updating all his old articles and I'm going to watch from right outside his window. Right now he's completed the first of what should be at least 8 updates. :yay

We're officially retiring all the old fake news articles, and would like to thank them for everything they've given us over the last 8 years. Now the front page will be just 64's hard work, unless we change our minds and start doing fake news again. Maybe a series of lolcat-styled images featuring players and coaches.

So that I don't have to deal with any more content management systems, 64's hard work will have its own section of the board. The newest ones will show up on the new front page, unless I've completely screwed up.

The man. The myth. The legend.

QB Eagles

MDS

Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

Fan_Since_64

Thanks for the intro, GF  :yay

For those of you who remember the Greatest Eagles by the Numbers series, it's on its way back. There are profiles that need to be updated and changes to be made to the list itself - it was originally compiled in 2000 and we've had some players come along since then who clearly deserve recognition (sorry Joe Muha, but Brian Westbrook has left you in the dust at #36). There are also some numbers where I've re-thought my original selections - so be prepared for some surprises.

For those of you who are new to the series, it started out one evening when I sat down and started listing the best players in Eagles history by uniform number (I know, I know, I need a life!  :P ). I posted the first 30 (or so) on the Eagles message board (where CF's founders all met) and was so overwhelmed by the positive response that I began to develop it into a series of player profiles. GF graciously offered to make CF the home of the profile series, and after years of neglect, I'm reintroducing them. I hope to update twice a week (more or less), so stay tuned.

Feel free to share feedback on each - stories (PG has led the way on Tony Franklin. Thanks!  ;) ), reactions (does this selection make you happy? Ill? Bring back memories, good or bad? Did I blow the selection? Hey, it's hardly an exact science, and the Eagles haven't exactly had All-Pros at every number!  ;) ), etc. There are still ties (two- and three-way) at several numbers, which I know is an annoyance to some, but if you can choose between, for example, Bucko Kilroy, Bob Brown, and Jerry Sisemore at #76, be my guest!

I guess that covers it for now - there is room for developing other Eagles history-related material, but that's for another day. Unless GF and I start fighting over CSI again!  :-D

PoopyfaceMcGee

Quote from: General_Failure on March 11, 2009, 10:50:35 PM
Maybe a series of lolcat-styled images featuring players and coaches.

I CAN HAZ CHEEZBURGER?

General_Failure

Diomedes

Quote from: Fan_Since_64 on March 12, 2009, 09:01:21 AM...and the Eagles haven't exactly had All-Pros at every number!  ;) ), etc. There are still ties (two- and three-way) at several numbers, which I know is an annoyance to some, but if you can choose between, for example, Bucko Kilroy, Bob Brown, and Jerry Sisemore at #76, be my guest!

Calvin Armstrong FTW

There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

PhillyPhreak54

I look forward to the write up on Derrick Witherspoon.

Good to see ya back, 64. :yay

DH

Bullshtein, Jay. We all know #31 belongs to Al!

General_Failure

New banner is up, too. If you were on during the five minutes I spent getting it up, keep refreshing until it stops looking blurry.

Feva

Quote from: General_Failure on March 18, 2009, 09:24:37 AM
New banner is up, too. If you were on during the five minutes I spent getting it up, keep refreshing until it stops looking blurry.

Just noticed it.  You're gonna have to change it again once the Eagles trade Sheldon for Boldin.
"Now I'm completing up the other half of that triangle" - Emmitt Smith on joining Troy Aikman and Michael Irvin in the Hall of Fame

"If you have sex with a prostitute against her will, is that considered rape or shoplifting?" -- 2 Live Stews

General_Failure

Along with this one, Mad-Lad got the all Joe Banner banner ready for when McNabb gets traded for Cutler and Sheldon gets traded for Boldin.

PoopyfaceMcGee

Seabiscuit36

Mad-Lad is still around? 

Nice banner by the way
"For all the civic slurs, for all the unsavory things said of the Philadelphia fans, also say this: They could teach loyalty to a dog. Their capacity for pain is without limit." -Bill Lyons

PhillyPhreak54

Quote from: Die-Hard on March 17, 2009, 01:28:07 PM
Bullshtein, Jay. We all know #31 belongs to Al!

True (or Wilbert), but I just wanted to drop a Witherspoon reference.