Lane Johnson, Philadelphia Eagle

Started by QB Eagles, April 25, 2013, 08:52:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SD

QB Eagles

Dillen

A friend of mine is a waitress in the city and is currently serving Lane Johnson. Told her to tell him "Dillen says hi and welcome aboard"

Sgt PSN

Quote from: QB Eagles on April 25, 2013, 09:05:57 PM
He was pretty much the consensus best player on the board, and anyone who thought the team was fine on the OL was fooling themselves. Give those facts I can't complain at all but yeah offensive tackles are not exciting.

Didn't try to be the smartest guys in the room.  :yay

Agree with this.  I don't "love" the pick like Rome (he just loves it not being Manuel I think) but I think that's because the Eagles have so many needs that it was going to be hard to love any pick at that position.  It's not like OT was their clear cut biggest need and they got the best OT on the board.  That you could feel really excited about.  But they need corner help and as soon as the Jets grabbed Milliner I'm sitting there wondering "Oh, maybe they should have took him instead."  Same goes for a couple of the D-lineman who went during the next 10 picks.  There's just so many holes that now I'm just wondering if the Eagles filled the right hole with the right guy. 

BigEd76

Not excited about the pick but it means fireman is riding the bench again, so there's that.  At least there's a few guys that fell to #35 that we didn't think would be there, so it's not a total loss.

QuoteLaneJohnson69
Cant hold back now-its off to the @eagles.#eaglesnation tell me about what those colors mean #aboutourcolors #spon @tide

The Luries!  Tide!

methdeez

I wish they would have traded back into take Floyd. That dude is a beast and he was still sitting there at 20! What would it have taken to make up 15 picks? Not much I think.

Sgt PSN

Really?  That's his tweet?  Now I hate him. 

MDS

its not jon harris or fireman level bad....so theres that

fact is they needed help along the offensive line. he seems like a fit for the chipper. will he be good? i dont know. you dont know. lets find out.
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

Eagaholic

I like the pick given what was available and his upside. They are not going anywhere for at least a couple of years anyway so it is a good rebuilding move. Since Chip's system seems like it will be putting the QB in harms way and the QB is the most important position, I think OT becomes the second most important position.

ice grillin you

Quote from: Eagaholic on April 26, 2013, 06:12:35 AM
Since Chip's system seems like it will be putting the QB in harms way and the QB is the most important position, I think OT becomes the second most important position.

except chippers system is quick drops get the ball out and move on...mixed in with some read option

this kind of offense devalues the OT position imo...which is why i didnt think one of the tackles was the best way to go at 4
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

PhillyPhreak54

Quote from: Sgt PSN on April 26, 2013, 01:05:15 AM
Really?  That's his tweet?  Now I hate him.

A lot of the top picks tweeted similar things. Sponsorship tweets.

Sgt PSN

So they're basically tweeting commercials?  Just another reason I stay away from the twitter. 

reese125

Quote from: ice grillin you on April 26, 2013, 07:55:35 AM
Quote from: Eagaholic on April 26, 2013, 06:12:35 AM
Since Chip's system seems like it will be putting the QB in harms way and the QB is the most important position, I think OT becomes the second most important position.

except chippers system is quick drops get the ball out and move on...mixed in with some read option

this kind of offense devalues the OT position imo...which is why i didnt think one of the tackles was the best way to go at 4

doesnt devalue it at all when chipper loves running bubble and jailbreak screens

and since mayock is describing this kid as the most freakish OT hes ever seen in his life....ill go with his read on this all day and say it was a solid pick.

ice grillin you

you dont draft a guy at number four because he will be a good blocker on a few bubble screens a game

nonetheless you are correct....a solid pick is exactly what it is

id just rather people say hes a freak offensive tackle than say hes a freak athlete who played quarterback four years ago....you never hear how hes going to be a stud offensive lineman...just that he ran a great 40 time in indy and its a cool story that he went from wr to qb to ol
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

Sgt PSN

At least he didn't go from fireman to OL.