Lane Johnson, Philadelphia Eagle

Started by QB Eagles, April 25, 2013, 08:52:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MDS

Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

Diomedes

Oh, so fools care.  Yay.  farg you.
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

ice grillin you

Quote from: Diomedes on July 21, 2013, 04:45:08 PM
farg you.

haha

but wait...so now anyone who likes football is a fool?...errands are one thing but why the outright hostility towards the sport?
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

QB Eagles

Johnson being signed is hardly a story worth caring about. The new CBA makes rookie holdouts 99% pointless. And it's been a while since the Eagles had much trouble with rookie holdouts even under the old system.

ice grillin you

its not end of the world news but when a top 5 overall pick who is relatively new at his position potentially could miss some of camp it matters

well matters to me anyway

MDS

2 for 1 deals on hand picked tomatoes at the farmers market are big deals to dio
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

Sgt PSN

Eagaholic

Smart, if they can get him at RT money before he takes JPs place.

Rome

He'll be the highest paid tackle period after he signs. 

Just watch...

smeags

Man, does Howie not like him some Cox ? I would've thought differently..
If guns kill people then spoons made Rosie O'Donnel a fatass.

Quote from: ice grillin you on March 16, 2008, 03:38:24 PM
phillies will be under 500 this year...book it

ice grillin you

Quote from: smeags on January 29, 2016, 10:20:05 AM
Man, does Howie not like him some Cox ? I would've thought differently..

this has nothing to do with prioritizing...you have to remember howie learned under banners philosophy of trying to lock up young players before they are close to maximizing their potential...and that's exactly what hes doing now...doesn't mean they wont sign cox but hes already a top player at his position in the nfl....lane johnson is a middling tackle and ertz has never been a full time starter...completely different scenarios

Sgt PSN

ice grillin you

most guaranteed money of any tackle in the nfl....and by over five million bucks

but his AAV is around 10th i think

seems high to me for a guy who hasn't distinguished himself at RT much less LT where hes gonna move....obviously they are rolling the dice and  banking on him getting much better

SD

Quote from: Sgt PSN on January 29, 2016, 11:03:43 AM
5 yr, 63 mil

$35.5 mil guaranteed

That's a lot of money. I like Johnson more than most, after this season when Peters can no longer goes he becomes the LT. Line is the biggest priority on the team.

I'm fine with Peters this season, you draft a Tackle that you play as a guard this year, sign a guard, and the line is decent.

Susquehanna Birder

Peters has already said that he expects to eventually end up at LG. Hopefully he realizes that the time is now, so they can move him and restructure.