The YouTube Thread

Started by PhillyPhreak54, June 28, 2006, 01:18:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Diomedes

There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

Seabiscuit36

"For all the civic slurs, for all the unsavory things said of the Philadelphia fans, also say this: They could teach loyalty to a dog. Their capacity for pain is without limit." -Bill Lyons

Phanatic

This post is brought to you by Alcohol!

Sgt PSN

Quote from: Phanatic on April 21, 2008, 03:04:08 PM

Guy Stuck on an Elevator for 41 hours in NY

Damn, that would farging suck.  Didn't dookie need to piss or go dookie?  Chances are I'd have probably rubbed one out at least a half dozen times if for no other reason than to help me fall back to sleep.   I also would have said farg the no smoking sign and gone through the rest of my pack. 

Lesson learned:  Take 2 packs of smokes on elevators. 

reese125

Phanatic

Quote from: Sgt PSN on April 21, 2008, 07:52:41 PM

Damn, that would farging suck.  Didn't dookie need to piss or go dookie?  Chances are I'd have probably rubbed one out at least a half dozen times if for no other reason than to help me fall back to sleep.   I also would have said farg the no smoking sign and gone through the rest of my pack. 

According to an article about the incident one of the times the guy opened the doors he pissed down there. I was trying to pick out which time because the time lap was so fast but I think there was one time when he was fixing his belt after being near the doors. He sued for lots of $$$

Diomedes

There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

Sgt PSN

Quote from: Phanatic on April 21, 2008, 10:04:44 PM
Quote from: Sgt PSN on April 21, 2008, 07:52:41 PM

According to an article about the incident one of the times the guy opened the doors he pissed down there. I was trying to pick out which time because the time lap was so fast but I think there was one time when he was fixing his belt after being near the doors. He sued for lots of $$$

I figured he had to have taken a piss at some point but maybe it was edited out or something.  How the hell did he get stuck down there for that long anyway?  No call box in the elevator?  I'm guessing those security cameras don't feed to a monitor anywhere either, huh?

Hopefully he got a ton of cash from his lawsuit.  

Diomedes

Quote from: Sgt PSN on April 21, 2008, 10:51:53 PMHopefully he got a ton of cash from his lawsuit. 

Ah, NO.

He's fine.  He wasn't injured.  It sucked but he survived just fine.  It wasn't war, it wasn't rape.  Compensate him for lost pay, give him a "sorry" payout of some modest amount and move on.

If he sues and I'm on the jury he can suck a fleshpop, I'm not giving him shtein.

Sgt PSN

Quote from: Diomedes on April 21, 2008, 10:56:11 PM
Quote from: Sgt PSN on April 21, 2008, 10:51:53 PMHopefully he got a ton of cash from his lawsuit. 

Ah, NO.

He's fine.  He wasn't injured.  It sucked but he survived just fine.  It wasn't war, it wasn't rape.  Compensate him for lost pay, give him a "sorry" payout of some modest amount and move on.

If he sues and I'm on the jury he can suck a fleshpop, I'm not giving him shtein.

I could understand if the dude was stuck down there for a few hours.  But he was down there for 2 days.  There didn't seem to be a call box in the elevator for that exact situation.  And how the hell does an elevator stay stuck in the same place for 2 days and no one notices?  What's the point of the cameras if no one is watching.  Believe me, I hate frivilous lawsuits as much as anything, but imagine if you're stuck in a box that's roughly the size of a cubicle for 2 days.  What the hell was going on that no one noticed it for that long? 

And I'm not saying that the dude should have gotten so much money that he'd never have to work again.  But 100k or so seems like a relatively fair price. 

Phanatic

Sometimes lawsuits make sense. It's all the sensless suits that ruin it for those who really got it coming.

Father Demon

The drawback to marital longevity is your wife always knows when you're really interested in her and when you're just trying to bury it.

Seabiscuit36

is that new or the one in '96 that was awesome, they had a special on ABC with Peter Jennings later that week about it.  Then POOF, no more mention of it. 
"For all the civic slurs, for all the unsavory things said of the Philadelphia fans, also say this: They could teach loyalty to a dog. Their capacity for pain is without limit." -Bill Lyons

Father Demon

The drawback to marital longevity is your wife always knows when you're really interested in her and when you're just trying to bury it.

Seabiscuit36

i hitup a coworker in Phoenix, he saw them last night, said they were crazy looking, really cool, and Bright.