2011 Flyers Offseason Thread

Started by Rome, May 09, 2011, 02:03:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MDS

question is will you go in or pass out in the parking lot
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

SD

He's going to tailgate then on his way in decide not to go to the game because of his disdain for Flyers fans

ice grillin you

Quote from: MDS on May 13, 2011, 03:31:40 AM
question is will you go in or pass out in the parking lot

coin flip
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

Rome

I guarantee one of you iceholes is gonna hook me up with a ticket.

IN.

phillymic2000

Quote from: SD on May 13, 2011, 07:56:41 AM
He's going to tailgate then on his way in decide not to go to the game because of his disdain for Flyers fans

:yay

BigEd76

Steve Simmons in a Toronto Sun column:
QuoteTwo words for the Philadelphia captain, Mike Richards: Grow up

...which leads to fun on Twitter:

QuoteMRichie18
One word for Steve Simmons of the Toronto Sun.....NERD!!

Quotesimmonssteve
When you take shots for a living expect them back. If @MRichie18 wants to be an important NHL captain he should act like one

NERD

Don Ho

"Well where does Jack Lord live, or Don Ho?  That's got to be a nice neighborhood"  Jack Singer(Nicholas Cage) in Honeymoon in Vegas.

SunMo

lol at taking anything gonzalez says seriously, biggest clown in the philly media
I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood.

SD

Pronger should wear the C, he's the true captain of the team. Richards was touted as the next Clarke but wilted under the pressure.

DH

Goalie problem fixed..

FLYERS SIGN G HOVINEN TO ENTRY-LEVEL CONTRACT

The Philadelphia Flyers announced today that they have signed 6' 7", 200-lb goaltender Niko Hovinen to an entry-level contract, according to general manager Paul Holmgren.

Hovinen, 23 (3/16/88), played for Lahti of the Finnish Elite League during the 2010-11 season.  He posted a record of 17-25-5 in 49 appearances, along with a 2.59 goals-against average, a .921 save percentage and three shutouts. 

A native of Helskini, Hoivinen was a member of Finland's IIHF World Championship team that defeated Sweden 6-1 in the final on May 15.  He was drafted by the Minnesota Wild in the fifth round (132nd overall) of the 2006 NHL Entry Draft, but never signed with the club. 

Sgt PSN

I know that all the pads will help thicken him up, but 6'7"/200lbs is seriously thin.  He'd make Pinkston look fat. 

Don Ho

6'7?  200 lbs?  OK.  Must be a limber dude.
"Well where does Jack Lord live, or Don Ho?  That's got to be a nice neighborhood"  Jack Singer(Nicholas Cage) in Honeymoon in Vegas.

BigEd76

PhillyGirl

Nik Zherdev allegedly threatened to kill his wife outside of a Russian restaurant last night.

Methinks he might not be back.
"Oh, yeah. They'll still boo. They have to. They're born to boo. Just now, they'll only boo with two Os instead of like four." - Larry Andersen