Get advice from smart people on medical procedures

Started by PoopyfaceMcGee, January 12, 2011, 02:17:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Diomedes

Podiatrists are for kids.  Duh.  If you're a pedophile you have to go see a pediatrist.  A pedophile is a person with a foot fetish.

Pediatricians, those are foot doctors for the children of elected officials.  Def. not for you.

Patricians are the residents of an alien planet populated by people who look like Patrick Stewart.
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

PhillyPhreak54

I have had trouble with my left foot and ankle for awhile now. My GP would throw some pain pills at me and send me on the way. I had a flare up on Saturday and it got to the point where I had a real issue walking and the pain was so bad that I had trouble sleeping.

I called my doctors office and asked for a recommendation for an orthopedist or podiatrist and they gave me a place.

I went and saw the podiatrist this afternoon. He believes I have a stress fracture and I aggravated it from working out.

I didn't need a referral which somewhat surprised me because my insurance sucks. We have a deductible rather than a co-pay so the first $500 comes out of my pocket. I'm not a doctor person in the first place and having to come out of pocket deters me even more.

They tried to put me in a walking boot ($300) and I declined because it didn't make me feel any better. Give me a tight ace wrap and some crutches.

I need an MRI to confirm the stress fracture and I need approval for that, which pisses me off. Because by the time those fargnuts get around to approving it I bet the pain is gone.

Eagaholic

Probably best to ask what is the prognosis and what are the possibilities of any permanent damage if left untreated. Being willing to put up with the pain for a while is one thing, but if it is a fracture or something else that can leave any permanent damage, better to bite the bullet and get it taken care of.

ice grillin you

Quote from: PhillyPhreak54 on February 16, 2011, 11:49:57 PM
I have had trouble with my left foot and ankle for awhile now. My GP would throw some pain pills at me and send me on the way. I had a flare up on Saturday and it got to the point where I had a real issue walking and the pain was so bad that I had trouble sleeping.

I called my doctors office and asked for a recommendation for an orthopedist or podiatrist and they gave me a place.

I went and saw the podiatrist this afternoon. He believes I have a stress fracture and I aggravated it from working out.

so yours hurts all the time?....i was thinking a stress fracture is exactly what i have but it doesnt constantly hurt

at first i thought i had the gout because the initial pain was shooting from my big toe into my foot...but since the first few days all the pain is located on the top of my foot....but its only when i walk distances...if im in bed or sitting down no pain whatsover...if i walk to the bathroom at work i can tell something is there but no pain....however if i walk a block it starts coming on and increases exponentially the further i walk to the point that at about the half mile mark its so bad i cant walk anymore
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

reese125

bad sign.

get ready son its coming...sandals and flag included at purchase.

PhillyPhreak54

Quote from: ice grillin you on February 17, 2011, 09:29:47 AM
Quote from: PhillyPhreak54 on February 16, 2011, 11:49:57 PM

so yours hurts all the time?....i was thinking a stress fracture is exactly what i have but it doesnt constantly hurt

at first i thought i had the gout because the initial pain was shooting from my big toe into my foot...but since the first few days all the pain is located on the top of my foot....but its only when i walk distances...if im in bed or sitting down no pain whatsover...if i walk to the bathroom at work i can tell something is there but no pain....however if i walk a block it starts coming on and increases exponentially the further i walk to the point that at about the half mile mark its so bad i cant walk anymore

Nope, not all the time. It flares up, usually after a lot of walking or intense exercise. And then every 6 months or so I catch it real bad like this. The pain starts on the side of my foot, around mid-foot, and radiates half way up my calf when its all said and done. None to minimal swelling too.

Tendinitis or plantar fasciitis are other options.

ice grillin you

i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

PhillyPhreak54

I have an MRI scheduled this afternoon and I have to pay $400.

I farging hate my insurance.

reese125

you sure you have insurance? better double check.

Tomahawk

I feel like I have the flu but don't have a fever. Is this possible?

Diomedes

There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

Tomahawk

I haven't drank since Thursday and didn't start feeling like ass until Saturday afternoon

Diomedes

Okay, it's not a hangover.  It's alcohol withdrawal.

Drink two beers and report back.

rjs246

I had the 24 hour shtein your brains out flu this weekend. It was awful but damn did I get a lot of sleep.
Is rjs gonna have to choke a bitch?

Let them eat bootstraps.

DH

lol at you all diagnosing each other with shtein