ConcreteField: We hate you, and we insist you conform to our ways

Started by General_Failure, November 07, 2004, 07:34:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Munson

I have no idea what the issue is. When I go to CF on my phone now, it goes to the home page and keeps reloading every few seconds. i try clicking on "home" which  I know used to go to the board index, nothing. I go directly to the board, and click "concreteboard" at the top, and that takes me back to the homepage.

Not sure why it started doing that. I guess I'll have to try and clear cookies or something.
Quote from: ice grillin you on April 01, 2008, 05:10:48 PM
perhaps you could explain sd's reasons for "disliking" it as well since you seem to be so in tune with other peoples minds

General_Failure

It should definitely be redirecting to the board and not the homepage once the homepage finishes loading. I can only check it with the devices I have, but they all go right to here.

The man. The myth. The legend.

Munson

Hey GF, any shot we get an option to upload pictures from our phones? Unless I'm missing it, I don't think that's currently an option
perhaps you could explain sd's reasons for "disliking" it as well since you seem to be so in tune with other peoples minds

General_Failure

It was never enabled before, but it's on now. Checked on my phone, can't verify that it shows up for whichever theme iphones pull up.

Munson

Hmm. Okay. I'm on iPhone but the board still shows up in "regular" view for me as if I were on PC, so that's probably why I don't see it. Not a huge deal but some pics/memes/etc id post in the general section if I could hah

Diomedes

After I switched to Firefox, I had to navigate here by typing in the address to google and shtein...so the first time I hit :CF it when to the .info homepage, which loads something for a half a moment, before I get punted to the top level mb.

Does that page stay up for anyone?  Is all traffic to it just dumped to the mb?

'lil guy's photo of Doug and the President Elect is on .info now, for a half moment.  You might get death threats over that if the site got any actual traffic.

I keep accidentally going to this page instead of the unread topics page, probably because I am borderline internet illiterate, and can't figure out how to make these things behave.
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

General_Failure

That's intentional. The old homepage was just the last five threads in the History section, now it's the last five in the Eagles section. It's set to redirect to the board after half a second.

I've never actually used it, but I guess you'd want to bookmark this link to just go right to the unread posts - https://www.concretefield.info/forum/index.php?action=unread

Diomedes

Yeah, that's what I have used for a very long time.  The only reason I ever look at the main page is when the cookies have gotten confused because I looked at :CF with my phone for a moment and then sat at the computer, only to find that the "new" tag has been cleared by the glance I took from the phone, and now I have to browse to see which threads have freshly posted stupidity for me to take in.
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

Diomedes

I'm getting the following screen/failure to post whenever I try to post comment with a quote code in it.

QuoteInternal Server Error

The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.

Please contact the server administrator at webmaster@concretefield.info to inform them of the time this error occurred, and the actions you performed just before this error.

More information about this error may be available in the server error log.

This message posted just fine..but if I use the "quote" function, it won't work.  I can get around the problem by making a post, then editing it and pasting the quoted content, and saving.

General_Failure

Quote from: Diomedes on December 10, 2022, 09:03:39 AM
I'm getting the following screen/failure to post whenever I try to post comment with a quote code in it.

QuoteInternal Server Error

The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.

Please contact the server administrator at webmaster@concretefield.info to inform them of the time this error occurred, and the actions you performed just before this error.

More information about this error may be available in the server error log.

This message posted just fine..but if I use the "quote" function, it won't work.  I can get around the problem by making a post, then editing it and pasting the quoted content, and saving.

Weird. I'll check into it when I get a chance.

Diomedes

It has happened on both desktop (Firefox) and mobile (Chrome on an iPhone)

General_Failure

Had to do an upgrade to keep from spending another $7 a month on this shtein. I'll get it looking back to normal as soon as possible.

SD

Quote from: General_Failure on May 02, 2023, 07:38:40 PMHad to do an upgrade to keep from spending another $7 a month on this shtein. I'll get it looking back to normal as soon as possible.

You have Venmo? I'll donate

Geowhizzer

General_Failure

I have a paypal link right at the bottom of the-dammit.

No, I'm good. I appreciate it though.