Smart Phones, Tablets, Gadgets, etc....

Started by reese125, January 09, 2011, 12:27:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hunt

tv prices are ridiculously low these days...unless you're talking something over 55".
lemonade was a popular drink and it still is

General_Failure

TVs prices fargin' dropped hard last year.

The man. The myth. The legend.

PhillyPhreak54

They're definitely getting cheaper. But that's a helluva deal. The only thing I see at a quick glance is maybe bc the refresh rate is only 60 rather than 120?

I bought a Samsung 40" for my room in August and paid $399

General_Failure

120's nice, but some of them that say that are faking it. Really what you want now is OLED, which is still a little more expensive but you get better contrast and blacker blacks.

The man. The myth. The legend.

ice grillin you

i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

phattymatty

I haven't noticed a TV in ten years where  I was like wow that picture looks so much nicer.

Rome

Try smoking better dope before you watch one.  Works wonders for me. 

Munson

I bought a Deebot (cheaper roomba) over the holiday season. We've used it a few times, thing is a beast. Probably not a complete replacement for a regular vacuum cleaning but can def keep the place looking presentable when you're too overwhelmed by work and a baby to vacuum.
Quote from: ice grillin you on April 01, 2008, 05:10:48 PM
perhaps you could explain sd's reasons for "disliking" it as well since you seem to be so in tune with other peoples minds

Rome

Ok smart people... questions:  Does anyone here use Apple Watch and fitness for cardio?  I do interval training and the outdoor walk app on the watch misjudges distance routinely.  My phone says I ran 4.49 miles yet the app on the watch reads 4.16.  Why is there such a discrepancy?  I've contacted the "geniuses" at Apple and they're no help.  Is there a way to recalibrate this thing to set it to use GPS instead of stride?

Note:  I've tried the outdoor run version and the same thing happens only less frequently.

Thanks for your condescension and indifference in advance!

Diomedes

I can't help you but I'm curious...which one is more accurate, the GPS or the stride counter?  The former, I presume?
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

ice grillin you

i noticed spell check a lot of times is now a left mouse click

is this something i inadvertently did or is this like a chrome change?
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

Rome

Quote from: Diomedes on February 11, 2021, 07:55:32 AM
I can't help you but I'm curious...which one is more accurate, the GPS or the stride counter?  The former, I presume?

I forgot to check back on this.  Evidently it was a bug error.  It was cured by the last update I did.

And the GPS was spot-on.