Guest Mania

Started by PoopyfaceMcGee, July 05, 2007, 10:07:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PoopyfaceMcGee

I was on the other night, and there were over 100 guests browsing.  Last I checked this morning, there were over 30.  It seems to be making the board really farging slow.

It might be time to turn off the ability for guests to read the board, if that's possible.

Diomedes

There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

PoopyfaceMcGee

You and NB are the experts at that.

Susquehanna Birder

Let's see if keeping the bots out of our shtein helps the speed issue. If there's no real difference after a few days, we'll let them back in.

shorebird

Seems better, faster, stronger than it was before.

Really, my sessions aren't timing out anymore, if that means anything.

Sgt PSN

I've noticed the last several times I've logged in that there has been a significant drop off in the amount of guests on the board.  It's probably been close to 2 weeks since I've seen more than 5 guests viewing the board and I've even seen the number drop down to 0 several times. 

General_Failure

Since you're probably the only one on at those times, they figure nothing good will be posted and head back to youtube.

The man. The myth. The legend.

PoopyfaceMcGee

Yeah, but does YouTube have "David Boston - ROBOCOP"?!?!?!?

General_Failure

I bet it does, and with Iron Man for the soundtrack.

The man. The myth. The legend.

PoopyfaceMcGee

Feva

"Now I'm completing up the other half of that triangle" - Emmitt Smith on joining Troy Aikman and Michael Irvin in the Hall of Fame

"If you have sex with a prostitute against her will, is that considered rape or shoplifting?" -- 2 Live Stews