Phillies

Started by MDS, March 29, 2018, 04:09:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PhillyPhreak54

Sure a one year deal would be ok. Not a long term one tho

Don Ho

Quote from: AO1 on April 09, 2019, 10:47:17 AM
I'd overpay for Kimbrel on a 1 year deal. He seems dead set on getting a 5 year deal but at some point he's going to have to accept it aint happening. Been encouraged by Robertson's last 3 outings.

Yes on Robertson, like night and day the past three outings.  Did he not pitch much in spring training?  I don't recall seeing or hearing much of him. 

Agree with Todd in asking why was Hector not out there?  Seems to have figured his stuff out, not sold on him but he's looked more confident.  Still so damn early.  Encouraging thing is Adam Morgan hasn't imploded, yet.
"Well where does Jack Lord live, or Don Ho?  That's got to be a nice neighborhood"  Jack Singer(Nicholas Cage) in Honeymoon in Vegas.

PhillyPhreak54

Todd should like Kapler not having a dedicated closer. That is the thing the moneyballers scream about - not defining roles for the BP.

ice grillin you

you don't need a dedicated closer but if they want to win important games in September and hopefully October they cant run these guys out there
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

Rome

Kapler is Chip Kelly. 

Chip Kelly is Kapler. 

ice grillin you

mike mike with smoke

off a really good righty

great to see

Rome

Franco's homer was an absolute rocket. 

PhillyPhreak54

Seeing Franco have this success as the 8 hole hitter makes me wet.

Can I sleep at your place for the parade, Todd?

PhillyPhreak54

Welp...down to two run lead. Time to sweat it out

PhillyPhreak54

Nola what the farg, man.

ice grillin you

hes a home run giving up machine

15 home runs in his last 9 starts

MDS

Quote from: PhillyPhreak54 on April 09, 2019, 03:35:36 PM
Todd should like Kapler not having a dedicated closer. That is the thing the moneyballers scream about - not defining roles for the BP.

if you had wife beater osuna like your real squad, or jansen or diaz then you have a closer

if you have neris, seranthony, robertson, morgan and neshak, you mix and match because none of those guys are good enough
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

Geowhizzer

Neris for a two-inning save?

MDS

Quote from: Geowhizzer on April 09, 2019, 09:38:00 PM
Neris for a two-inning save?

if he gets through this part of the order quickly, yeah. seems unlikely this will happen.
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

ice grillin you

bullpen sucks but this L is on bum ass nola