Phillies

Started by MDS, March 29, 2018, 04:09:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rome

smeags

If guns kill people then spoons made Rosie O'Donnel a fatass.

Quote from: ice grillin you on March 16, 2008, 03:38:24 PM
phillies will be under 500 this year...book it

smeags

If guns kill people then spoons made Rosie O'Donnel a fatass.

Quote from: ice grillin you on March 16, 2008, 03:38:24 PM
phillies will be under 500 this year...book it

MDS

tommy hunter is a fat piece of shtein
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

Rome

Nola is an assassin.  Good shtein last night. 

Don Ho

Holy Hector Neris!  Train wreck, shtein show, doesn't do justice to how bad he is.  Dude just gave up 3 home runs in one inning.

He'd better be on suicide watch tonight. 
"Well where does Jack Lord live, or Don Ho?  That's got to be a nice neighborhood"  Jack Singer(Nicholas Cage) in Honeymoon in Vegas.

Geowhizzer

Pretty amazing play by VV after getting hit by the line drive.  Arm's probably broken, though... that was flush.

EDIT:  Apparently he's not dead.

Geowhizzer

Nice win by the Phils today.  Maybe they don't suck as bad as we thought.

Rome

They're mediocre as farg.  But occasionally they win games and series like this and that's great.  It's better than watching them lose a hundy every year.  But the difference between this team and a legit winner is as evident as it will ever get. 

And something struck me today as I was watching the highlights.  I couldn't put my finger on it until today but then it hit me: 

Jake Arrieta is Kevin Millwood reincarnated.

MDS

anymore opinions you have about something you dont pay attention to or watch
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

Rome

Your mom definitely should have swallowed you. 

Don Ho

Was it the heat or a big holiday week coming up but why did CBP look empty today?

It's July and I'm scoreboard watching, this hot mess is keeping me interested.
"Well where does Jack Lord live, or Don Ho?  That's got to be a nice neighborhood"  Jack Singer(Nicholas Cage) in Honeymoon in Vegas.

ice grillin you

QuoteAs​ Manny Machado's world turns:

*The Baltimore​ Orioles want to act​ sooner rather than​ later,​ knowing​ they almost​ certainly​​ will receive a greater return if they trade Machado with approximately three months of control remaining instead of two, major league sources say.

The pace of the talks has accelerated in recent days, according to one source, but are the Orioles even capable of acting quickly? A team that reaches a tentative agreement with Dan Duquette, the Orioles' executive vice-president of baseball operations, might be at only step one of the process.

One industry person familiar with the Orioles' operation says any club negotiating with Duquette also will need to be in contact with Brady Anderson, the team's VP of baseball operations. Anderson exerts considerable influence within the organization, working closely with the sons of owner Peter Angelos, John and Lou.

*The Orioles visit the Philadelphia Phillies on Tuesday and Wednesday, giving Machado a chance to showcase himself to the former O's executives now running the Phillies — and to the hungry Philadelphia ownership.

The conventional wisdom is that the Phillies do not want to trade top prospects for Machado when they can simply sign him as a free agent after the season. But the Phils, who just won three of four from the Washington Nationals, are not likely to fade anytime soon — their next 16 games are against sub-.500 clubs.

The question, for every club interested in Machado, is the acquisition cost. Would the Phillies, for example, be willing to part with shortstop J.P. Crawford, a favorite of GM Matt Klentak, without knowing whether they could sign Machado long-term?

The Orioles are thought to like Crawford. The Phils value him so highly that they traded Freddy Galvis, the major league leader in defensive runs saved, to create an opening at shortstop. But Crawford, who is on the disabled list a second time and batting just .194, continues to elicit mixed opinions within the industry.

*If the Los Angeles Dodgers acquired Machado to play shortstop, they almost certainly would need to trade an outfielder — probably center fielder Joc Pederson — to clear a spot for the displaced Chris Taylor.

The Dodgers are deep in outfielders, and all of their regulars have increased their values since the start of the season. Pederson has as many extra-base hits (27) as strikeouts against right-handed pitching. Yasiel Puig has a .912 OPS since coming off the DL on May 9. Matt Kemp is likely to be an All-Star starter and a leading candidate for Comeback Player of the Year. Oh, and for good measure, Andrew Toles and Alex Verdugo are performing well at Triple A.

Part of the Dodgers' motivation for playing Max Muncy at second base is to keep him in the lineup along with all three of their outfielders as well as Cody Bellinger at first. The team's greater need is pitching — one rival executive predicts the Dodgers will acquire controllable relievers and/or bargain relievers right at the deadline. But Machado is too big a potential upgrade to simply ignore.

*The Arizona Diamondbacks and Cleveland Indians might be the teams most motivated to trade for Machado — the D-Backs because their competitive window is starting to close, the Indians because their title drought will reach 70 years if they fail to win the World Series this season.

The Milwaukee Brewers are doing their due diligence on Machado, but likely will be unwilling to meet the Orioles' asking price, according to sources. The Chicago Cubs, viewed as an early favorite, would appear to have a less urgent need with Addison Russell surging both offensively and defensively.

No team is the favorite for Machado at this point, not when one text or phone call can change everything. The Orioles also are busy on other fronts, aggressively trying to move right-handed reliever Brad Brach, according to one rival club. Lefty reliever Zach Britton and center fielder Adam Jones, potential free agents like Machado, are among their other trade candidates.
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

MDS

i went last night to see manny and can exclusively report he is sexy af

Don Ho

4th of July, 3 measly hits against a team that has clearly quit, basically one "star" on this team in
Nola, 1.5 games out, Braves in first,  Nats falling, i'm stone sober so please explain.