Phillies

Started by MDS, March 29, 2018, 04:09:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

smeags

this guy may be worse than doug moe.
If guns kill people then spoons made Rosie O'Donnel a fatass.

Quote from: ice grillin you on March 16, 2008, 03:38:24 PM
phillies will be under 500 this year...book it

MDS

KR did a 2018 managers on the hotseat column and guess who was first

Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

PhillyPhreak54

Heyman mentioned that someone in the clubhouse dropped the "we will be fine if the manager gets out of the way"

and now Nick Williams wonders why he doesn't play much "because I guess thats what the computers say." He also said that Coconut Balls texts him ahead of time - he then stays up late playing video games.

Helluva hire!

MDS

nick williams doesnt play because he sucks
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

smeags

kapler may not be doing so well early on, but he looks so dreamy doing it.
If guns kill people then spoons made Rosie O'Donnel a fatass.

Quote from: ice grillin you on March 16, 2008, 03:38:24 PM
phillies will be under 500 this year...book it

PhillyPhreak54

Did the computer tell you that?

MDS

no his inability to walk did

their optimal lineup right now is rotating altherr, franco and crawford (one sits). kingery and cesar play every day.

ice grillin you

Quote from: MDS on April 06, 2018, 10:54:57 AM
nick williams doesnt play because he sucks

yeah the real question with the phillies is who sucks more their "prospects" or their manager
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

MDS

kingery is legit...hoskins obviously...altherr has had a few bad games but i think hes a good ML level player in some capacity (hes not really a prospect though)

crawford is likely terrible and if he turns out to be decent its likely not worth the 1-2 year investment itll take. his best skills are defense and plate discipline. so hes got a mighty low ceiling. otherwise haisley is the only bat im excited about. arms are wholy unpredictable but sixto gets me a chubber.

in the end i dont think kaplers decision making is going to be a problem. the fact that everyone in the city/clubhouse despises him will be.

ice grillin you

so the answer is they mostly all suck prospects and manager

also altherr is not a prospect

MDS

most prospects suck or need tons of time to become decent...if youre trying to win like they are now you cant give nick williams 400 at bats to "figure it out."

they have movable, controllable players with some value and tons of salary space. im confident they can add some impact players. to me the key to everything is getting something out of alfaro and nola establishing himself as a top of the rotation starter. finding top flight pitching and decent catchers are really tough.

youve obviously gotta wait the nationals out (this year, maybe next if they keep bryce), but after that they easily could have as good a team as any the division.

ice grillin you

they have utter garbage to be good within three years....but to be fair a lot of it has to do with having top picks in drafts that were horrid

MDS

the corny randy/mickey moniak b2b could well kill them.

you know what can help? giving manny 400 mil

ice grillin you

Quote from: MDS on April 07, 2018, 12:06:40 AM
the corny randy/mickey moniak b2b could well kill them.

yeah this is just disgraceful

SD