Week 8 - Cowboys: Ginger Bowl

Started by MDS, October 23, 2020, 12:07:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Don Ho

BOOM!

Rube

QuoteI think we're at the point Doug has to consider giving up play calling. If you can't get the offense in a rhythm and generate more than 220 yards, 18 first downs and 15 points against this Cowboys team - which allowed the 8th-most points in NFL HISTORY through seven games - you need to take a long, honest look at the way you're doing things. I nominate Marty Mornhinweg. He's always had a nice flair for it. Something has to change because this offense shouldn't be this putrid. Certainly not against this train wreck of a defense.

Marty?  Ahhhh, ok, but Doug sucks right now,
"Well where does Jack Lord live, or Don Ho?  That's got to be a nice neighborhood"  Jack Singer(Nicholas Cage) in Honeymoon in Vegas.

Don Ho

Was Rube on the board with us last night?

QuoteHow on Earth do you not record an interception off Ben Freaking DiNucci? This dude had no idea where the ball was even going half the time. He threw 40 passes Sunday night. At least four should have been picked. The Eagles have three INTs all year and six in their last 18 games. They just don't intercept passes.

QuoteJust when you thought it couldn't get any worse, Carson Wentz goes out and does this. Two interceptions, two fumbles, countless brutal decisions. Think about this: The Cowboys had forced three turnovers ALL YEAR. Wentz committed four before the third quarter was three minutes old. He became the first QB since Jameis Winston in 2016 with four turnovers against the Cowboys and only the fourth since 2000. Yeah, he made some throws on that game-winning drive, good for him. But I'm tired of writing about how Wentz overcame a brutal start to rally the Eagles to a win. Do that against the Ravens or Steelers and I'll be impressed. Against the Giants? Against the Cowboys??? Please. He's ranged from brutal to mediocre this year, and this one was squarely in the brutal category. This was as bad as he's ever played for a full game, and that last TD drive doesn't change that.
"Well where does Jack Lord live, or Don Ho?  That's got to be a nice neighborhood"  Jack Singer(Nicholas Cage) in Honeymoon in Vegas.

Don Ho

Zanshin

Time to put Wentz in a time out to get his shtein together. He's compounding his propensity for holding the ball too long with the added feature of making horrible decisions when he does eventually get rid of it. The line excuse only goes so far.

ice grillin you

Quote from: ice grillin you on November 01, 2020, 10:21:38 AM
so these are the dallas D average numbers this year...btw their rushing yards given up per game is almost impossible...how many of these numbers do you have the eagle offense going under today?...i would bet a decent amount of money that its every single one

1D - 23 (18)
tyds - 408 (222)
pyds - 229 (103)
ryds - 178 (119)
pts - 34 (23)
top - 33.00 (27.10)

to be fair dallas' schedule has been pretty tough...eagles will be the second worst (nyg) team dallas has played this year but also the eagles get to play the nooch

0-6 and on the flip side dallas' offense beat them in every category (cept pts obviously) as well

one of the single worst eagle performances in my lifetime
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

SD

Quote from: ice grillin you on November 02, 2020, 08:55:10 AM
one of the single worst eagle performances in my lifetime

100%. If they'd have loss it would rank in the top 10 worse regular season losses in franchise history.

QB Eagles

They're terrible, and much more concerning, Wentz is terrible. If he can't get turned around the Eagles are looking at a few years like the end of the massive Flacco contract, only with substantially less talent around him. He'll be a millstone around the team's neck for years even in the off chance the rest of the team gets sorted.

PhillyPhreak54

Yeah that was brutal. A confluence of zesty performances between Doug's play calling, Wentz's decision making and the offensive line's poor play make it hard to watch.

Someone needs to have a hard conversation with the QB - or change the QB coach so its not one of his boys and someone who will call him out and fix the issues.

ice grillin you

if you need calling out in year 5 then the ship has probably sailed
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

PhillyPhreak54

I don't disagree. But coaching someone and their ability to fix issues that are correctable is not a foreign concept.

phattymatty

My favorite play was the 3rd and 6 reverse pass attempt that Greg ward ran for 3-4 yards.

Don Ho

Reagor makes that catch on 4th down and they score, win 30-9, do we still call this a horrible win?

I'm saying yes, worse 20 point victory ever.  Wentz' first half and his 4 turnovers were an abomination, hard to erase that from my memory.

General_Failure

If every possession had resulted in a TD or a turnover, it would still be a bad game.

The man. The myth. The legend.

Geowhizzer

This team just isn't worth my angst right now.

Too much other shtein going on to get too worked up over the Eagles.

Rome

I've felt like that all season.  Ran out of fargs to give.