Rest Of Baseball - 2022

Started by PhillyPhreak54, March 13, 2022, 10:36:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PhillyPhreak54

Bravo!

Dave Roberts, or more accurately the front office, has now removed two pitchers during perfect games. Rich Hill a few years ago too.

Rome

MDS

mlb games will be airing on the following...things: fox*, fs1, tbs, mlb network, appletv*, peacock*, youtube*, your local cable sports station

if it has a * that means the broadcast isnt available anywhere else, you have to watch on that platform (exception is regionalized fox games are on mlbtv too)

big yikes
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

PhillyPhreak54

Baseball is stupid. They want to grow the game but yet make it impossible for people to watch

MDS

the game has been around since the civil war but it still needs to grow  ???

pretty sure everyone who likes it will still like it with or without these blatant cash grabs which will barely effect anything...we're talking 1-2 friday night games per year, a sunday afternoon, a weekday getaway. audience is miniscule for those.
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

PhillyPhreak54

I'm also talking about the civil war era blackout rule too, Commish.

MDS

the word blackout gets thrown out a lot...its a pretty old term when owners used to prevent games from being aired locally in order to "save" the gate. this was before any of them realized tv helps the product -- the nfl was the worst at this. it took until the 70s for home games to air locally, sellout or no sellout. and somehow the sport managed to still be monstrous. keep the takes coming though please.

now the term only applies to when games arent available on mlbtv or the nba package because you have to watch them on another source. the people who get these packages, of course, are super diehard fans who are not going to abandon the product because a game here or a game there isnt accessible the one place most other games are.

would it be convenient for all games to be available in one place? sure. is what mlb doing an unapologetic cash grab? yes. will you be ok missing one phillies games that airs on peacock at noon on a sunday (unless you want to buy peacock or get an easily obtainable stream)? lord i hope so

PhillyPhreak54

It's not just that. I want to watch the Rangers sometimes. Can't. Can you justify that? Or people in Vegas not getting to watch the Dodgers?

Don't be a mouthpiece for MLB

MDS

i didnt know by calling what theyre doing a blatant cash grab i am being a mouthpiece for mlb

so what youre talking about is local territorial rights and its a huge problem for certain areas of the country. hawaii, vegas, iowa are 3 places that come to mind that get crushed by this. the league lets teams claim neutral territory (such as hawaii, shoutout to don) as their own then shrugs their shoulders when anyone asks about it.

its inexcusable when you cant watch team X on any local cable station yet are within a teams territorial rights so youre blocked from watching on mlbtv. it affects a fairly small percentage of the overall consumer, but it is not right. the league very much knows about it, and very much does not give a shtein.

Geowhizzer

Joe Maddon intentionally walked... Corey Seager... with the bases loaded.

https://twitter.com/BallySportsSW/status/1515141305143283714

ice grillin you

QuoteJake Arrieta maintained a 0.99 ERA over a 29 start stretch from June 21, 2015 to May 20, 2016 – he was 24-1 with two no-hitters during that span. His only loss came on July 25, 2015, when the Cubs were no-hit by Phillies Cole Hamels.
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

MDS

https://joeposnanski.substack.com/p/baseball-and-blackouts w

joe pos now grifting on substack but he does get into this...leaves some meat on the bone by not getting into which areas with mlbtv blackouts have said teams available on cable

the short answer is it its the teams fault for claiming territory they have no right to claim, the leagues fault for allowing it to happen and the networks fault for not offering in-market over the top streaming

PhillyPhreak54

Fried is perfect so far for ATL

Come on dodgers

MDS

ohtani 11k perfecto thru 5 right, also a 2bi 2b

long way to go but the single best performance in baseball history is in play here

PhillyPhreak54