Around The NFL - 2022

Started by PhillyPhreak54, February 01, 2022, 07:05:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PhillyPhreak54

This Brian Flores lawsuit is something else. He named the Giants, Broncos and Dolphins in it and said that they engaged in racism and discrimination when it comes to hiring black coaches.

And additionally he says Stephen Ross offered him $100k per loss in 2019, and had him recruit a QB under contract.

Specifically the Giants are accused of a sham interview. He found out because Belichick sent him a congrats text thinking they were hiring him.

That last bit confuses me a bit on how the line was drawn from a text to him from BB.

It will be interesting to see how this plays out.

PhillyPhreak54

Well this explains it.

Belichick thought he was texting Daboll and instead texted Flores. He knew that Daboll was NYGs guy before the Flores interview which does prove it was merely a sham to comply with the Rooney rule.

https://twitter.com/roflo/status/1488665393451438085 21

QB Eagles

Quote from: PhillyPhreak54 on February 01, 2022, 07:05:58 PM
Specifically the Giants are accused of a sham interview. He found out because Belichick sent him a congrats text thinking they were hiring him.

That last bit confuses me a bit on how the line was drawn from a text to him from BB.

BB texted Flores congrats on getting the job, thinking he was texting Daboll. And that was before the Giants interviewed Flores.

MDS

lol and now the vikings hire another white dude

man i love this
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

PhillyPhreak54

PhillyPhreak54

I hope Flores doesn't settle or sign NDAs.

The NFL cabal of rich white dudes needs a reckoning. From Kap and Eric Reid to the concussion settlements based on race to this. Oh and sweeping the WFT stuff under the rug.

QB Eagles

Rome

Burn it down, FLORES!

Also, re the NFL's press release denying any such systemic racism exists:

It's almost as if they had a statement prepared to address accusations of systemic racism in a system that is systemically racist to its rotten core.

Geowhizzer

MDS

Quote from: QB Eagles on February 01, 2022, 08:48:32 PM
Quote from: PhillyPhreak54 on February 01, 2022, 08:11:46 PM
Who did Minny hire? Harbaugh?

Hasn't even interviewed yet

michigan people already consider him gone....theres no way hes going through the process without the job being locked up. college coaches dont flirt unless theyre going all the way
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

ice grillin you

he's literally interviewing for the job ON national signing day
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

MDS

im not sure exactly whats going on here but jim harbaugh does not strike me as a guy who is going to go along with what a black dood 20 years younger than him says...feels like a power struggle with an o/u of the draft

Diomedes

awful take

John had no trouble with Ozzie (who was older, sure)

what's race got to do with it?  You think Harbaugh is gonna have a problem on race?
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

PhillyPhreak54

Jim also had Kap as his QB and I don't recall any issues between them

MDS

john is his brother

maybe i didnt need to preface is it by race but he is an insane control freak, cannot see him having a long term partnership with an exec hes not in control of