Week Thirteen - 2021

Started by PhillyPhreak54, December 02, 2021, 08:30:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Diomedes

Taunting is low brow, Trumpy behavior that demeans the entire sport.  It's classless, anti-social bullshtein that we don't need in any sport, at any level.  If you want that kind of thing, watch pro wrestling.

I'm with Mike Tomlin on this...I guess we're both racist pawns of the white oligarchy?
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

MDS

Quote from: ice grillin you on December 03, 2021, 03:16:18 PM
Quote from: PhillyPhreak54 on December 03, 2021, 02:38:28 PM
and lol at lil guy stanning for the officials.

Has nothing to do with the refs...he loses his shtein at even the smallest criticism of the nfl

i literally trashed the league and defended employees

the refs are indeed mostly very good but they get put in an impossible situation by the rules enforcement expectations which came from the league
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

ice grillin you

Quote from: Diomedes on December 03, 2021, 03:31:06 PM
Taunting is low brow, Trumpy behavior that demeans the entire sport.  It's classless, anti-social bullshtein that we don't need in any sport, at any level.  If you want that kind of thing, watch pro wrestling.

I'm with Mike Tomlin on this...I guess we're both racist pawns of the white oligarchy?

The new black mayor of nyc wants to reintroduce stop and frisk...black people are not a monolith and certainly arent all progressive especially ones in positions of power
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

SD

Quote from: ice grillin you on December 03, 2021, 01:42:38 PM
Quote from: TAFKASD on December 03, 2021, 09:25:13 AM
Quote from: PhillyPhreak54 on December 02, 2021, 10:29:44 PM
Worst call ever

They called a blind side block on a god damn blitz pick up

Holy shtein

The 3rd down phantom holding/PI is atrocious.

ive been screaming about how atrocious this is for ten years now maybe...its the main reason i dont watch nfl anymore

I'm getting to that point and it's been an issue since they started calling the ticky tack defensive backfield holding/automatic 1st down and morphed into straight shtein. The refs have far too much influence on the game.

Quote from: ice grillin you on December 03, 2021, 01:45:22 PM
Quote from: Diomedes on December 03, 2021, 01:28:15 PM
I like the emphasis on penalizing taunting.  Show some farging class and respect. 

this rule is heavily founded in racism...its basically rich white guys angry about having to pay young black guys a lot of money so they are going to show them that we own you so shut the hell up stay in your place

ill also add if a white dood and a black dood do the same exact celebration or "taunt" and the league and the refs look at both they whether consciously or unconsciously are going to see black guys thing as more of penalty than the yt

Gonna double quote agree with igy...it's farging football not a knitting class. They eased up on celebrations (finally). Majority of the celebrations were from black athletes. Taunting/talking shtein is and has always been a part of football. Now getting in someone's grille or throwing a ball at them that's going too far and should be called. It's spread to the nba where the problem is somehow even worse.

MDS

taunting is great in all forms. get in peoples face and start shtein, talk all you want, its fun and makes the game great when people have beef over that kinda stuff...i wanna see dudes high stepping like deion and pulling to celebrations (and george teague then jacking him up)
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

SD

General_Failure

Well I'm just glad they're being consistent about it, removing it from any future advertisements and taking the celebration mechanic out of Madden completely.

The man. The myth. The legend.

MDS

cuzzo losing in detroit

elite elite elite !

QB Eagles

SD

HOFcuzzo lost to the Lions. Just for reference here were the major headlines that day

https://theweek.com/10things/953599/10-things-need-know-today-december-6-2020?amp

PhillyPhreak54

Lions game was fun to watch. Maybe Nick can hire Zimmer as DC after the Vikes fire him

Come on Raiders

MDS

im 4-0 in the bullett with 2 pending coming off a 4-0 week...on wash and SF

magical run going on here

QB Eagles

Quote from: PhillyPhreak54 on December 05, 2021, 04:16:31 PM
Lions game was fun to watch. Maybe Nick can hire Zimmer as DC after the Vikes fire him

Three failed 2-pt attempts.

They lost by two.

MDS

Quote from: QB Eagles on December 05, 2021, 04:19:26 PM
Quote from: PhillyPhreak54 on December 05, 2021, 04:16:31 PM

Three failed 2-pt attempts.

They lost by two.

technically it was 3 but they didnt attempt the last PAT...lions wouldve in that scenario gone for 2 and win

QB Eagles