DeVonta Smith, Philadelphia Eagle

Started by Diomedes, April 29, 2021, 09:36:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zanshin

You're the hot take guy that went with "not fast". Say stupid things, reasonable people might want to call it into question.

Zanshin

And, by the way, he's objectively fast even by NFL WR standards.

ice grillin you

being mr. literal is not reasonable its being a 3rd grader
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

Zanshin

There's not a universe where he isn't fast. Saying he's not fast is just ignorant and literally stupid. You know that. Why are you even defending it? Just man up and say you misspoke or something. You can't say something that dumb and expect people just to swallow it. I also love the nonsense about not being able to count his speed because of the pandemic. Genius!

ice grillin you

fine you win..hes a very fast human being....what was i thinking

hes not pimp tyreek hill straight line burner fast...hes marvin harrison gets open by running great routes fast

happy?

there were no combine workouts this year because of the pandemic....only pro days and private workouts which are always slanted towards the player

Zanshin

I mean, slightly happier...but I still have to finish work to really get over the line to fully happy. But I appreciate your contribution, certainly.

I think he's legitimately fast by any measure, but also a good route runner that varies his speed for effect...but has the speed when it's needed.

Eagles_Legendz

Irony is this is arguing about the wrong player.  Ruggs ran a 4.27 40.  Smith doesn't have an official time.  I went to Bama and watched almost every snap Smith played.  Incredible hands, great footwork, knows how to get open, fast but not blazing.  Ruggs & Waddle were the burners - Smith was the complete WR (although I think Waddle will be really good - Ruggs not as much).

ice grillin you

Quote from: Eagles_Legendz on April 30, 2021, 06:35:16 PM
Irony is this is arguing about the wrong player.  Ruggs ran a 4.27 40.  Smith doesn't have an official time.  I went to Bama and watched almost every snap Smith played.  Incredible hands, great footwork, knows how to get open, fast but not blazing.  Ruggs & Waddle were the burners - Smith was the complete WR (although I think Waddle will be really good - Ruggs not as much).

the speed isnt even relevant...hes plenty fast...the point is pimp is a terrible comp for him...he can be so much more...and everyone knows how much i worship pimp

MDS

pimp and tyreek hill arent just fast they are sprinters. both were d1 track talents, hill basically an olympian. its a different level.

smith is just plain old fast. its great, but its not what pimp was. very very few will touch his speed.
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

QB Eagles

Smith is the #1 but the deep threat is supposed to be Reagor.

General_Failure

Can't wait for Goedert to be the leading receiver with 78 catches.

The man. The myth. The legend.

Diomedes

Rookie signings are matter of course anymore, but I'll post it anyway.  Smith signed a couple days ago.

There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

Don Ho

"Well where does Jack Lord live, or Don Ho?  That's got to be a nice neighborhood"  Jack Singer(Nicholas Cage) in Honeymoon in Vegas.

Diomedes

So did all the other rookies, I think.  No one cares.
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger