We're All Gonna Die

Started by Geowhizzer, March 07, 2020, 10:16:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Geowhizzer

... Sounds like a country song.

I couldn't decide what thread this belonged to, so I started a new one.

https://twitter.com/ColeMillerTV/status/1236109907155271680

Munson

Meanwhile, Larry Kudlow and Kelly Ann Conway are out there literally saying it's contained like Baghdad Bob.
Quote from: ice grillin you on April 01, 2008, 05:10:48 PM
perhaps you could explain sd's reasons for "disliking" it as well since you seem to be so in tune with other peoples minds

PhillyPhreak54

QB Eagles

The panic over this is nuts, and I live in one of the areas where people actually have coronavirus. The hospital a block from where I work has quarantined a bunch of their workers.

It's roughly as deadly as the flu or pneumonia. It'll wipe out elderly and immuno-compromised people, just like the flu and pneumonia and other hospital infections do.

If we shut down the economy to try to prevent it from spreading, I'm betting that will kill more people, and not just the already infirm. [People afraid to go to hospitals, increased stress, anxiety and social isolation, people losing their jobs, people who decide to not spend money getting health care, etc.] And it'll probably spread anyway.

Munson

I think the big reason why it scares the health care community so much is because it seems to be more contagious and more unpredictable in its severity than flu is. People are spreading this more easily than they do fly because they aren't as symptomatic so they don't self quarantine at home as quickly as people who get flu do. It also is actually deadlier than flu at present moment, but that death rate may drop as we get better at diagnosing it.
perhaps you could explain sd's reasons for "disliking" it as well since you seem to be so in tune with other peoples minds

PhillyPhreak54

Best time to fly now. Don't even have to buy first class! Upgrades will clear.

If the economy shuts down Little Donny loses his only bragging point

PhillyPhreak54

Rome

I'll take "Governmental Hacks" for $1,000, Alex.

"What are three iceholes who ruined states as governor?"

Correct!

Munson

Strap in, tomorrow about to be wild with the markets.

Also, a thread:
https://twitter.com/abraarkaran/status/1236680328875474944

Diomedes

It would be nice to have a competent leader in the White House right now.  Things are about to get interesting. 

Very soon we're going to start seeing announcements from government agencies, schools, and private companies to the effect of, "we are closing for the next two weeks, at least." 
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

PhillyPhreak54

This administration is a joke with how they're handling this.

That idiot Ben Carson was on TV yesterday talking about it. Said he wasn't interested in reading the plan and then when asked about the cruise ship docking today he said they'd have a plan within three days on what to do.

Cheeto Dick thinks that if he ignores it and plays it off as a hoax the markets won't react. Newsflash, fargo, you're wrong.

Munson

https://twitter.com/ezraklein/status/1237028285919268864

Omg.

Trumps tweets this morning are smelling more desperate than usual

Diomedes

Our family has decided that the elders are staying home as of today, until....not sure..a month at least. 
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

Geowhizzer

Quote from: Diomedes on March 09, 2020, 11:05:54 AM
Our family has decided that the elders are staying home as of today, until....not sure..a month at least.

Our spring break begins Friday.  We're supposed to be back on March 23.  I guess we'll see what happens.

Munson

Head of Port Authority has it