Derek Barnett, DE, Philadelphia Eagle

Started by PhillyPhreak54, April 27, 2017, 09:53:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ice grillin you

league minimum would be theft for him...if he doesnt play this season it would probably be a fair deal
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

SD

Quote from: QB Eagles on March 29, 2022, 01:12:55 PM
1yr prove-it deal for $5.5M isn't theft, at least not by Barnett.

I'd rather draft a 4th rounder and throw him in the rotation. No hate towards Barnett the fumble recovery is legendary but he had more roughing the passer penalties than sacks last season and I don't have the stats but I'm sure his playing % to offside calls is amongst the tops in the league. He's an above average run stopper. Nobody wanted him for that deal and everyone wants DE's which says a whole lot. He's a net negative as a player.

Don Ho

^^Love It ^^

Don't think any of us were fooled when he came out of Tennessee after breaking Reggie White's sack record, another undersized DE and his undisciplined behavior continued to rear it's ugly head as his career went on.  2017 was an awful draft for the birds.
"Well where does Jack Lord live, or Don Ho?  That's got to be a nice neighborhood"  Jack Singer(Nicholas Cage) in Honeymoon in Vegas.

Eagaholic

Yeah, Barnett was not just a net negative but was was demoralizing. I don't see how you'd bring a player back like that at any price.

And lol we got him after a coin toss in 2017. I went back and looked at the story. Vikings were tied with Indy for the 14th and 15th pick, and it came down to a coin toss tie breaker. NFL even had a fancy Vikings/Colts coin made for the occasion. But Factory Howie traded Sammy Sleeves for the Vikes pick and "won" it, taking Barnett. Eagles didn't have a 1st round pick because of Wentz the year before. Now we got the Colts 1st from the Wentz trade. I always thought it was cool that the season began with the NFL draft at the Art Museum and the parade ended there. But the season's first victory was Howie's coin toss victory vs the Colts gm.

PhillyPhreak54

General_Failure

Thanks for one good play and dozens upon dozens of penalties.

The man. The myth. The legend.

SD

Don Ho

We'll always have LII and "The Recovery" and, and, and.....I got nothing.
"Well where does Jack Lord live, or Don Ho?  That's got to be a nice neighborhood"  Jack Singer(Nicholas Cage) in Honeymoon in Vegas.

QB Eagles

"It's always him" was a classic moment too.

Don Ho

PhillyPhreak54

Yeah the recovery is always number one but the "it's always him" was great bc the head coach verbalized what we said every week

Diomedes

Cut loose today.

Thanks for the SB fumble scoop, and the great nickname for a frustrating player.
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

Rome

Eagaholic

It's Always Him has been a pretty unfair moniker, at least in recent times. It's Never Him would be better suited.

PhillyPhreak54

Yeah Never Him.

He had maybe a handful of impactful plays. But honestly the scoop in the SB is enough for me.