CFFFL 2004 - AFC Draft Logistics Thread

Started by Diomedes, July 24, 2004, 12:14:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mikey418

At least the NFC already started the draft... ;D
The wannabe sponsor of Stallworth and Baskett

Diomedes

Reminder:  This thread is for discussion of CFFFL 2004 - AFC draft logistics--things like the date of the draft, how the draft will be conducted, etc.  Please don't use this thread to post anything off-topic. Thanks.
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

JTrotterFan

Dio, do we need to provide a list to you?  I know i'll be checking this frequently once the draft starts.  
2004 NFC Champion Philadelphia Eagles!!

Diomedes

I would prefer to have a master list in case you are unavailable to make your pick in a timely fashion, but a list is not required.

Speaking of timeliness, does anyone one have an opinion about time limits?  Not much has been said so far...does that mean that y'all think a formal time limit for picks is not needed?
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

satoshi

I think we had 24 hour time limit last year. I'm not sure though. Personally 12 hours are ehough for me, because we just have 8 people in our league.

hbionic

Quote from: Diomedes on August 02, 2004, 01:28:35 PMSpeaking of timeliness, does anyone one have an opinion about time limits?  Not much has been said so far...does that mean that y'all think a formal time limit for picks is not needed?

I like to waste as much time as I can...purposely pissing people off....its a tactic I've developed over the years.  :sly

Yes...time limit is cool. It can be a bitch waiting around for people.  :paranoid

Who the farg are YOU to put a limit on time? >:(

Time is a precious commodity.

Yes.
I said watch the game and you will see my spirit manifest.-ILLEAGLE 02/04/05

satoshi

QuoteI like to waste as much time as I can...purposely pissing people off....its a tactic I've developed over the years.  

Great, but if people use a list, nobody's pissed.

phillymic2000

Quote from: satoshi on August 02, 2004, 07:43:57 PM
I think we had 24 hour time limit last year. I'm not sure though. Personally 12 hours are ehough for me, because we just have 8 people in our league.

Sounds good to me, and the dates of the draft are cool too. Thanks Dio for the effort you are putting towards this.

Reidme

I myself am a little skeptical about using a list. If I hadn't IM'd MURP my lists, I have a feeling he would have never won a game.  :P
The NFL old standard.

MURP

Quote from: Reidme on August 04, 2004, 12:19:16 AM
I myself am a little skeptical about using a list. If I hadn't IM'd MURP my lists, I have a feeling he would have never won a game.  :P

go join the Phillies ya crybaby!

Sgt PSN

Dio....has a date been set yet for the start of the draft?

Diomedes

Quote from: Sgt PSN on August 08, 2004, 02:26:56 PM
Dio....has a date been set yet for the start of the draft?

I have not set the date yet.  I'm thinking next Sunday, start at noon.  I've just moved into a new place, so my routine has been a bit interrupted.  Sorry y'all.  

So it's clear:

CFFFL AFC draft begins Noon Sunday August 15th.  I'll post the thead in this forum.

satoshi

August 15th.... the end of World War II.....

Sgt PSN

I was just spying on the lesser CFFFL and noticed that they drafted defensive players....are we doing that as well or is it just something that they're doing over there because they suck and want to be cool like us?

Also, what are the roster limits going to be?

MURP

both leagues are run the exact same way, so yes there will be defensive players drafted in your league.  Note the bold below.   BN= Bench player.

Scoring Type:  Head-to-Head
Start Scoring on:  Week 1
Can't Cut List Provider:  None
Max Moves:  No maximum
Max Trades:  No maximum
Trade Reject Time:  2 days
Trade End Date:  November 19, 2004
Trade Review:  Commissioner
Waiver Time:  2 days
Post Draft Players:  Free Agents
Playoffs:  Week 14, 15 and 16 (8 teams)
Roster Positions:  QB, WR, WR, RB, RB, TE, K, D, D, D, BN, BN, BN, BN, BN, BN, BN
Stat Categories:  Completions (.5)
Incomplete Passes (-5)
Passing Yards (25 yards per point)
Passing Touchdowns (4)
Interceptions (-2)
Rushing Yards (10 yards per point)
Rushing Touchdowns (6)
Reception Yards (10 yards per point)
Reception Touchdowns (6)
Return Yards (50 yards per point)
Return Touchdowns (6)
2-Point Conversions (2)