2008 Philadelphia Phillies Season/Playoff Thread (Die Mets Die)

Started by SunMo, March 30, 2008, 09:28:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SD_Eagle5

Quote from: PhillyGirl on October 28, 2008, 10:31:40 AM
Quote from: SD_Eagle on October 28, 2008, 10:24:21 AM
Quote from: Wingspan on October 28, 2008, 10:17:42 AM

One good thing came of this...well 8 good things. I was able to get 8 additional ticket stubs for whenever they resume this because of the moron fans who just tossed them. So now pretty much my entire family and close friends will all be able to go...

Although i have a feeling that the phils are going to win this thing with about a half empty stadium with all the tickets people stupidly tossed.

No shtein? Any interest in selling me a stub?

I'm glad you're all so confident they'll still win, I see yet another heartache on the horizon.

You really think the Phillies lose 2.5 games in a row now?

Stop.

I have a really bad feeling that if this series goes back to Tampa its over for the Phils. Call it a gut reaction

PhillyGirl

No, I'll just call it a ridiculous and undeserved (for this team) Negadelphian attitude.

These Phillies deserve more credit than that, SD.
"Oh, yeah. They'll still boo. They have to. They're born to boo. Just now, they'll only boo with two Os instead of like four." - Larry Andersen

PoopyfaceMcGee

It is a gut reaction and the same protectionist attitude I and others have displayed over and over again when things start to go wrong.  Considering I'm at the perfect age where I do not remember the last major sports championship at all, my "gut" always wants to play it safe and assume the worst.

But, farg it, man.  This team is going to win it all, and you are going to get piss-ass drunk at a parade.  It's going to happen.  Just learn to accept victory.

BigEd76

I still don't think this goes back to Tampa.  The top half of the Phils lineup will still get at least 2 ABs, the Rays only get 3 more ABs with their 6-7-8 batting in the 7th, and everyone in each bullpen is still available....even that nutjob Balfour....

SD_Eagle5

Quote from: BigEd76 on October 28, 2008, 11:18:59 AM
I still don't think this goes back to Tampa.  The top half of the Phils lineup will still get at least 2 ABs, the Rays only get 3 more ABs with their 6-7-8 batting in the 7th, and everyone in each bullpen is still available....even that nutjob Balfour....

Who do you think goes out in the 7th for the Phils? I wouldn't mind seeing Madson pitch the 7th and 8th but that probably takes him out of Thursdays game if they lose.

Rome

I have never been angrier or more disgusted at a sporting event than I was last night.  And honestly, in the 12-plus hours since, I think I've actually gotten more pissed off and depressed.

Selig should be shot in the face for that fiasco.  Just an unmitigated disaster all around.

BigEd76

Quote from: SD_Eagle on October 28, 2008, 11:31:31 AMWho do you think goes out in the 7th for the Phils?

Since the game is going to feel like a new one even though it isn't, they'll likely go with a starter/reliever mix....which means Durbin...  :-\

ice grillin you

per wip a press release is currently being drafted that will announce the cancellation of tonights game
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

Wingspan

Which will mean Hamels would be available for game 7. (Hamel's did say last night he would go on short rest since he only threw 75 pitches).

I would not be surprised to see myers start game 5.2 tomorrow. Blanton game 6. Hamels/Moyer game 7.
Connection Problems

Sorry, SMF was unable to connect to the database. This may be caused by the server being busy. Please try again later.

Cerevant

Quote from: ice grillin you on October 28, 2008, 12:03:20 PM
per wip a press release is currently being drafted that will announce the cancellation of tonights game

...and this is why it was so important that the game end in a tie.  Yes, Selig could have wielded his executive power like W, but this way he can just point to the rulebook.

If they call the game, it is ruled a tie and game 8 is in Philly (if needed).  I bet the Rays would be thrilled with that conclusion...
An ad hominem fallacy consists of asserting that someone's argument is wrong and/or he is wrong to argue at all purely because of something discreditable/not-authoritative about the person or those persons cited by him rather than addressing the soundness of the argument itself.

SD_Eagle5

Quote from: Wingspan on October 28, 2008, 12:06:18 PM
Which will mean Hamels would be available for game 7. (Hamel's did say last night he would go on short rest since he only threw 75 pitches).

I would not be surprised to see myers start game 5.2 tomorrow. Blanton game 6. Hamels/Moyer game 7.

If Hamels said that then I missed it but that's good news.

No on Myers, he blows in the first inning of games.

PoopyfaceMcGee

So, will game 5 now be finished tomorrow?  Or will they do something really screwy and play game "6" and "7" (if needed) first, only coming back to Philly to complete game 5 if necessary?

Eagles_Legendz

Where did you see Hamels say that Wing?  I'd love to hear that I just haven't seen it anywhere.

Wingspan

Quote from: Eagles_Legendz on October 28, 2008, 12:35:33 PM

Where did you see Hamels say that Wing?  I'd love to hear that I just haven't seen it anywhere.

the first article on the phillies website

QuoteMyers is accustomed to relieving; he served as the team's closer for much of last season. Should he be called upon to pitch Wednesday -- assuming the teams can't play Tuesday -- Moyer could pitch Thursday on regular rest in Game 6. Hamels also could return for a potential Game 7, though he would be on three days' rest.

Hamels said he would be willing to do that, especially because he threw only 75 pitches.

Connection Problems

Sorry, SMF was unable to connect to the database. This may be caused by the server being busy. Please try again later.