2008 Philadelphia Phillies Season/Playoff Thread (Die Mets Die)

Started by SunMo, March 30, 2008, 09:28:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PoopyfaceMcGee

Quote from: BigEd76 on July 02, 2008, 09:28:19 PM
Myers tonight:  5 IP, 5 hits, 3 runs (all earned), 2 BB, 6 K, WP, approx 100 pitches

Recap of his night from ESPN

It's really getting annoying how Eaton continues to give these Bums a chance to win.

PhillyGirl

Quote from: ice grillin you on July 03, 2008, 12:46:00 AM
seriously when are they gonna do something about eaton?!???!?!!?!

ooh yay. He got his first win in what? 5-6 games?

yay him.  ::) 
"Oh, yeah. They'll still boo. They have to. They're born to boo. Just now, they'll only boo with two Os instead of like four." - Larry Andersen

Wingspan

Connection Problems

Sorry, SMF was unable to connect to the database. This may be caused by the server being busy. Please try again later.

SD_Eagle5

Quote from: PhillyGirl on July 03, 2008, 08:44:25 AM
Quote from: ice grillin you on July 03, 2008, 12:46:00 AM
seriously when are they gonna do something about eaton?!???!?!!?!

ooh yay. He got his first win in what? 5-6 games?

yay him.  ::) 

I guess it's his fault the team has given him shtein for run support. He can pitch like Cy Young, if the team doesn't produce runs he can't produce wins.
FYI during this rough stretch the Phils just went through, in his last 7 starts he has a 3.75 ERA and opponents are only batting .239 agaisnt him. Give the man some credit.

PhillyGirl

As long as iceholes like IGY make posts like that, I'll defend my stance against him.

Earlier this season, when he started off strong, I gave him a ton of credit. I said he was proving me wrong. And then oops! It was right back to regularly scheduled Eaton programming.

He's helped this team MAYBE as much as he's hurt them this year. OOh yay. He breaks even. Maybe.
"Oh, yeah. They'll still boo. They have to. They're born to boo. Just now, they'll only boo with two Os instead of like four." - Larry Andersen

Rome

I see the Eaton hate has reached unprecedentedly retarded proportions in here.

:-D

In his last eight starts he's given up more than three earned runs just once.  That's not fifth starter production; it's third starter.

MDS

stubborn sally still sits solidly sulking sillilly
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

SD_Eagle5

Just announced on DNL: J.A. Happ will get the start Friday vs. the Mets

PoopyfaceMcGee

BigEd76

BigEd76

choke dawg with another opposite-field HR....3-0 in the 6th

Geowhizzer

Quote from: BigEd76 on July 03, 2008, 08:40:23 PM
choke dawg with another opposite-field HR....3-0 in the 6th

Feliz makes it 4-0.

BigEd76

Cole leaves with one out to go after losing his shutout.....125 pitches

....and Gordon comes in, throws one pitch and gets a save  :-D

SWEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEP

MDS

I believe the logic there was even though Cole arm's about to fall off, he should face the lefties/turn Chipper and Tex around instead of putting Gordon in. Not a bad idea to simply get the win, but Cole is a fragile little girl, and Gordon is probably decent enough to get 3 outs without giving up 4 runs. Probably.
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.