Anyone seen a good movie lately?

Started by henchmanUK, December 09, 2004, 11:44:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

General_Failure

Quote from: Rome on December 10, 2020, 07:44:21 PM
Quote from: MDS on December 10, 2020, 03:38:18 PM
Quote from: phattymatty on December 10, 2020, 01:38:31 PM
I loved revenge of the nerds and porkys so much as a little kid. I can't imagine sitting through one of them these days.

those movies existed because horny teenagers wanted to see boobs

now you can press two buttons on your phone and watch a woman shtein on a man then jerk him off with the shtein. or so im told.

Link?

https://www.bing.com

The man. The myth. The legend.

ice grillin you

i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

General_Failure

If we're talking unintentional comedy, the clear winner in the 80s is Rambo III.

PhillyPhreak54

https://www.rollingstone.com/feature/xmas-or-bust-the-untold-story-of-national-lampoons-christmas-vacation-173969/

It's that time to start banging out the Christmas classics. Despite this year zapping me off any Christmas spirit we are still going to work through the list.

phattymatty

OG Vacation > Euro Vacation > Xmas Vacation in that order. 

80s Chevy might be my favorite genre of comedies - Fletch is my all time #1. 

To me they seem like they have aged well but apparently I am wrong, any newbie that I try to make watch Fletch, including my wife, absolutely hates it.

PhillyPhreak54

I think Christmas is the best one.

Just finished The Trial of the Chicago 7. I thought it was really well done. A lot of recognizable actors in it. Worth the watch for sure.

Starting Ma Rainey's Black Bottom now.

SD

Euro vacation > Christmas Vacation > Vacation

I watch EV every time  it's on. CV during the holidays...haven't watched the original in 20 years

General_Failure

I'll rank Vegas Vacation above Vacation.

Munson

Am I the weird one for liking EV the least? I could never get into that one. Maybe I should give it another try.

Christmas is my top. Then Vacation then Vegas then Euro
Quote from: ice grillin you on April 01, 2008, 05:10:48 PM
perhaps you could explain sd's reasons for "disliking" it as well since you seem to be so in tune with other peoples minds

MDS

hillbilly elegy - not as bad as the dork critics want you believe but not very good either. glenn close really does bring it and is quite strong. in a bad year with who knows what else out there, she could get the the supporting actress trophy as a lifetime achievement. i have no idea what amy adams was doing. the kid sucked. mopey bitch. 2/5

time - really strong doc about the strain the criminal justice system causes to families on the other side of them bars. if you want to be angry and depressed do i have something for you. 4/5

ma raineys black bottom - absolutely outstanding. viola davis is a good as youd think and god damnit chadwick boseman. farging fantastic performance in what is his final role. just a god damn shame he gets cancer and every single trump family member lives until theyre 1000. brother mouzzone AND mayor royce are tremendous in supporting roles, so is philly's own coleman domingo. an efficient 90ish minutes. go watch this. 4.5/5

Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

Rome

Tried to stream WW84 but it kept freezing at the source.  Nice job, HBO. 

Rome

Watched The Bee Gees documentary.  Was never a huge fan of theirs but you can't deny their talent or astounding success.   

Rome

WW84 was unbelievably awful in every way.  My god. 

phattymatty

yeah we watched them both yesterday.   first one is really good, definitely rewatchable - second is completely awful.  I even think pascal actually did a good job as the bad guy, Wiig was good too, and it was still horrible.

ice grillin you

i watched the first one basically to jerk off to gal gadot and the first 1:30 of it was actually watchable for a super hero movie....it then falls apart in an orgy of CGI stupidity...but whatever you think of it you must agree it was so god damn long

then i looked yesterday at the new ones running time to see if id give it a shot and its somehow 10 minutes LONGER....like is that even possible
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous