The Rest of the NBA

Started by Sgt PSN, November 03, 2004, 10:37:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ice grillin you

it doesnt have to be either or...there are douchey elders who only want french lick fundementals and there are ignorant youngins who want rucker park in the nba...the reality of it is both the 80's and the current league were/are fantastic...

just cause the 80's had bird and magic and celtics lakers doesnt by default mean today sucks and just because theres a lot more talent in the league today doesnt mean there isnt fundementals

oh and youre as ignorant as the nba haters if you also say i like the nba (or nfl) no matter what cause i appreciate good sports...shut the farg up with that shtein...you want bad basketball watch the nba for most of the 90's...thank god they had jordan because it was borderline unwatchable
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

MDS

tell me what makes the nba so good right now. maybe its the fact that you remember everything from you childhood better than it was but im not sure having shawn kemp and his 13 illegitimate kids can be topped
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

reese125

again it goes back to the overall play of the game and your feelings about the sport. If you dont believe that or have a passion for it youre going to be biased regardless...plus its very hard to to change someones young mind that think timeouts and the new york knicks are a reason for the fall of the nba

ice grillin you

you have it backwards....if youre that passionate about the sport you want it to be at its best at all times and will 100% recognize when it isnt...otherwise youre just a stepford robot and no different than the people who automatically hate the sport even when its really good

MDS

im still waiting for an explanation. you cant just say the nba is at an all time high and expect me to take your word for it, especially when that word is coming from someone who thinks kevin james is funny
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

reese125

Quote from: ice grillin you on November 04, 2009, 12:11:38 PM
you have it backwards....if youre that passionate about the sport you want it to be at its best at all times and will 100% recognize when it isnt...otherwise youre just a stepford robot and no different than the people who automatically hate the sport even when its really good

believe it or not and hate it as much as you want but we actually agree on something..stop trying to make it look like I have this issue backwards.

are there some things that could change to make the sport better..yes...just like any other sport...but that doesnt take away from my love of the game nor make me think its at an all time low because of thus reasons...get it? prob not

ice grillin you

Quote from: MDS on November 04, 2009, 12:13:46 PM
im still waiting for an explanation. you cant just say the nba is at an all time high and expect me to take your word for it, especially when that word is coming from someone who thinks kevin james is funny

because of your age you have nothing but the worst era in the history of the league to compare today too...so if you cant even recognize that todays game is vastly superior to the 90's than youre hopeless

MDS

give me one reason. im not even arguing with you, im just looking for a reason. and dont say less white goofy white people because while true that doesnt count

ice grillin you

MDS

ice grillin you

so much drama in the nba...

you know its drama but it sound real good....you knew the game and you still ended up on your back

http://theybf.com/index.php/2009/11/05/exclusive-is-shaq-cheating-on-shaunieagain/?wpmp_switcher=desktop

BigEd76

the 90s had that cool John Tesh NBA on NBC theme though

reese125

the 90's were very good to watch for the nba and produced a ridiculous amount of superstars.

matter of fact if I had a list of 90's stars vs 00's stars the 90's would have the edge--and it would be non-argumentative at the center position

ice grillin you

watching the nba in the 90's was like watching the trap era in the nhl

MDS