The Rest of the NBA

Started by Sgt PSN, November 03, 2004, 10:37:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PoopyfaceMcGee

Is Camby of 2008 the Dikembe Mutombo of 1998?

phieagles91

James Posey has signed a four-year, $25 million deal with the New Orleans Hornets, according to his agent, Mark Bartlestein.
Posey should start at shooting guard and give the Hornets a solid defensive presence, just like he did with the Celtics and Heat over the last few years. He could be the piece of the championship puzzle the Hornets needed, but four years is a long contract for a 31-year-old role player. Posey should also be worth a fantasy pick this season since he should see heavy minutes for the Hornets. This also means the C's will need a healthy Tony Allen this year.

http://www.boston.com/sports/basketball/celtics/extras/celtics_blog/2008/07/posey_to_hornet.html

PhillyPhreak54

Reports out there that the OK City team name is....

Thunder.

DH

Marcus Williams to GS for a future first rounder...

So much for LouWill heading west..

reese125

Josh Childress has officially signed a three year contract to play for the Greek team Olympiakos.

3 yrs, fully guaranteed contract worth more than $20 million

How do you let him walk? The Hawks are a joke and I wouldnt doubt Josh Smith jets now too

DH

They didnt "let him walk".

Tell me how the hell Atlanta is going to pay him that kinda coin over 3 years...ill just wait here for the answer because there is none to that question. But while youre trying to answer that one, chew on this - why the hell would they want to pay him that kinda money?

He's Josh Childress. 

ice grillin you

Quote from: reese125 on July 23, 2008, 10:38:12 AM
Josh Childress has officially signed a three year contract to play for the Greek team Olympiakos.

3 yrs, fully guaranteed contract worth more than $20 million

How do you let him walk? The Hawks are a joke and I wouldnt doubt Josh Smith jets now too

the reports say he signed for "much more" than the 5 yrs 33 mil the hawks were offering so i dont know where you get 20 million from...and if thats true then die hard is correct it would be lunacy to give him that kind of coin
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

reese125

QuoteThey didnt "let him walk".

Tell me how the hell Atlanta is going to pay him that kinda coin over 3 years...ill just wait here for the answer because there is none to that question. But while youre trying to answer that one, chew on this - why the hell would they want to pay him that kinda money?

He's Josh Childress. 

Im not saying the teams had to give him a big time contract, but enough keep the momentum going for this team was important. Also, while you are waiting, understand that Josh Smith and Childress were the organizations most important pieces to keep the team in tact and potentially make another playoff run.

I understand he's Josh Childress, but if you watched any of Atlanta--which Im guessing you didnt--you'll realize that he was a key piece to that teams success. Is the dude lights out and a mega star--absolutely not

But, in order for a team to be successful you need a legit 6th man, and he was theirs-- filling up the stat sheet in various ways.

MDS

why are you dolts talking about the atlanta hawks?
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

ice grillin you

lol at josh childress being more important than joe johnson

hes not even as important as horford or marvin

reese125

Is Joe Johnson an unrestricted or restricted free agent this year slick?

ice grillin you

so your argument to pay him that much is that hes more important than mario west?

DH

You obviously dont know who youre dealing with, son. I promise you I watch more NBA than anyone else on this board - and Im not even going to get into a discussion regarding that.

Legit 6th men are great. But there is no such thing as a "legit 6th" making over 6 mil a year. Those guys are called starters.

reese125

Like I said, its Josh Childress, but as an owner--whats he worth to your team trying to make another run

he practically played starter minutes at 30/game last year and played 37 min/game the prevoius, so take it as you like

DH

All that needs to be said: