2007 Philadelphia Phillies Thread - DIVISION CHAMPS MOTHER fargER!!!!

Started by SunMo, March 26, 2007, 01:11:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Geowhizzer

Last, what, four years have been either 86 or 88 wins?

I'd say the over/under for the Fightins is 90 wins.

MDS

Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

Sgt PSN

PhillyPhreak54

The bullpen scares me. I'll need a blanky and a pacifier to watch from the 7th inning on.

However...

94 wins + playoffs

Homer, I know.

Sgt PSN

I'm gonna go with 52 wins. 

114 if they trade Burrell. 

Eaglez

I second Ed. I'm going with 91-71 if they get some good arms in the pen.

If they don't, and the bullpen returns to crappy form, I'd say 84-88 and missing the playoffs. I think they can contend for the playoffs this year.

Otherwise, I think 1 through 8 the Phils are just as strong if not stronger than the Mets, the Phils probably have a better starting rotation than the Mets, but the only thing that worries me is the bullpen.

I could see the starting rotation put in a good solid 6-7 innings every night and then have the bullpen blow the lead.

The Phils should score a ton of runs, again. It is just a matter of scoring runs more consistently instead of scoring a couple one game and then exploding for 12 another. I think it should be a fun season to watch.

I don't think Howard comes very close to his HR numbers or RBI numbers from last year, but the drop-off will be reasonable. For Howard, I'll go with mid-40s HRs (43-47), 130-135 RBIs, and hitting .300-.305.

BigEd76

ESPN's "expert" picks

Phillies
DIV = Buster Olney, Keith Law, Jim Caple, Pedro Gomez, John Shea
WC = Stark, Kurkjian, Steve Phillips, Eric Karabell, Enrique Rojas, Alan Schwarz
NO PLAYOFFS = Gammons, Jerry Crasnick, Rob Neyer, Amy Nelson, Phil Rogers, Bob Klapisch, Sean McAdam

Mets
DIV = Stark, Gammons, Jerry Crasnick, Kurkjian, Rob Neyer, Eric Karabell, Enrique Rojas, Bob Klapisch, Alan Schwarz, Sean McAdam
WC = Buster Olney, Keith Law, Amy Nelson, Phil Rogers, John Shea
NO PLAYOFFS = Steve Phillips, Jim Caple, Pedro Gomez

Braves
DIV = Steve Phillips, Amy Nelson, Phil Rogers
WC = Jerry Crasnick, Pedro Gomez, Bob Klapisch
NO PLAYOFFS = Stark, Gammons, Buster Olney, Kurkjian, Rob Neyer, Keith Law, Eric Karabell, Jim Caple, Enrique Rojas, Alan Schwarz, John Shea, Sean McAdam

Buster Olney (CLE), Keith Law (BOS), Jim Caple (MIN) and Alan Schwarz (NYY) all have the Phils losing the World Series...

Stark and Crasnick have Utley winning the NL MVP

Phillips, Caple and Klapisch have Howard repeating as MVP

MDS

NO PLAYOFFS = Gammons, Jerry Crasnick, Rob Neyer, Amy Nelson, Phil Rogers, Bob Klapisch, Sean McAdam
igy aids
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

rjs246

You could at least try to make sense when you post.
Is rjs gonna have to choke a bitch?

Let them eat bootstraps.

MDS

QB Eagles

I don't know how many wins the Phillies will have but I guarantee it will be less than the number required to make the playoffs. They'll probably come within striking distance to trick some feebs into becoming emotionally invested in them yet again.

If the Phillies fool you one time, shame on them. If the Phillies fool you 12 times, shame on you.

Hopefully Howard will be good enough again to make the games worth watching.

PoopyfaceMcGee

The Phillies will win less than 90 games this year in the regular season.

I can't promise anything after that.  The NL sucks, and after seeing the Cardinals win last year, anything's possible.

MDS

What the farg is up "a new hope." Is this a bad NFL Films team yearbook show?

SD_Eagle5