SI.com: Pre Season Rankings - Eagles #5

Started by Beermonkey, August 30, 2005, 07:39:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Beermonkey

SI.Com: Dr Z's Preseason Rankings

There's a nice Reid interview that I never heard before, regarding his philosophy on handling the off-season controversy,

Quote"Holdouts, and contract disputes, in sports have been happening forever," Reid said. "DiMaggio had them his whole career. It seems no matter how much you pay great athletes, there's always some kind of problem. More money, more problems. And the more success [a team] has, the more money issues it's going to have. It goes back all the way to Babe Ruth."

The lesson? "Normally," Reid said, "things work themselves out. If you allow things to get chaotic, there will be chaos. If you don't, there won't be."

There's gonna be some hooting, hollaring & sister-banging down South this week.

Rome

MadMarchHare

Anyone but Reid.

PhillyGirl

What is with the downright suckfest over Carolina this year? I swear! The Eagles almost beat them with Koy Detmer, no Westbrook and zesty WRs in the NFCCG...with a defense that had 1/3 of the guys on the IR.  :-D
"Oh, yeah. They'll still boo. They have to. They're born to boo. Just now, they'll only boo with two Os instead of like four." - Larry Andersen

Rome

MadMarchHare

Anyone but Reid.

JTrotter Fan

When you're riding in a time machine way far into the future, don't stick your elbow out the window, or it'll turn into a fossil.

TexasEagle

Colts over Patriots? Yeah, right. Dallas at 10-6? I give them 9 wins MAX and that's assuming Bledsoe isn't killed by week 5.

PhillyPhreak54

I think Carolina is going to be good.

They're the team the Birds will face and get revenge on in the NFCCG.

Instead of seeing Ricky Midget Jr. jersey-popping and shoving Thrash and Pinky to the ground...we're going to see TO shoving him to the ground and then scoring 3 TDs.

PhillyGirl

Quote from: PhillyPhreak54 on August 30, 2005, 07:55:49 PM
I think Carolina is going to be good.

Good doesn't = better than the Eagles and the rest of the NFC.
"Oh, yeah. They'll still boo. They have to. They're born to boo. Just now, they'll only boo with two Os instead of like four." - Larry Andersen

PhillyPhreak54

Hence why I have them losing to the Eagles in the NFCCG

They'll be the #2 seed, I think

MDS

Quote from: MadMarchHare on August 30, 2005, 07:49:09 PM
Meh, it was Seattle last year.

What I was thinking. They beat the 49ers and Cardinals a bunch to get all the way back to 7-9. Wowzers. Whatever, its better when everyone writes us off and then we just wind up in the Superbowl again.
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

PhillyGirl

Quote from: PhillyPhreak54 on August 30, 2005, 07:57:05 PM
Hence why I have them losing to the Eagles in the NFCCG

They'll be the #2 seed, I think

Funny how the reason the panthers sucked last year was because of their injuries, yet not many folks like to talk about the reason the Eagles lost the NFCCG....injuries.

ice grillin you

i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

PhillyGirl