SI.com: Pre Season Rankings - Eagles #5

Started by Beermonkey, August 30, 2005, 07:39:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rome

I actually agree with Dr. Dylan about the Skins.

4-12 sounds about right with that pathetic offense of theirs.

Send Gibbs back to pit road where he belongs, I say!

:-D

Drunkmasterflex

The thing about Carolina is many of there key players have significant injury history, they are not nearly as deep as the birds.  I agree with Phreak they will be good but not good enough to beat the Eagles.  Really I don't see any team as a major threat to the Eagles, if I could I would reserve SB tickets now.  I truly in my heart believe they are going to win it all this season provided there are no catostropic injuries.
Official Sponsor of #58 Trent Cole

The gods made Trent Cole-Sloganizer.net

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." George Orwell

ice grillin you

yo nice sponser dook

a future pro bowler and he eats children
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

Drunkmasterflex

Quote from: ice grillin you on August 30, 2005, 08:28:36 PM
yo nice sponser dook

a future pro bowler and he eats children

Is he related to Mike Tyson?
Official Sponsor of #58 Trent Cole

The gods made Trent Cole-Sloganizer.net

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." George Orwell

Don Ho

Quote from: MDS on August 30, 2005, 07:57:36 PM
Quote from: MadMarchHare on August 30, 2005, 07:49:09 PM
Meh, it was Seattle last year.

What I was thinking. They beat the 49ers and Cardinals a bunch to get all the way back to 7-9. Wowzers. Whatever, its better when everyone writes us off and then we just wind up in the Superbowl again.

If I recall did not the niners collapse in the second half.  They had like a 20 point lead and yaked.

"Well where does Jack Lord live, or Don Ho?  That's got to be a nice neighborhood"  Jack Singer(Nicholas Cage) in Honeymoon in Vegas.

WEST is GOD

Carolina has to prove they can stop the Falcons with Vick first. They haven't been able to do it.
THIS SEASON IS OVER AND ANDY'S WORLD IS GRIDL

Offseason needs: 2 DEs, 1 DT, 1 OL, 2 LBs, 1 RB, 2 WRs, 1 TE, 1 KR.

daigglesfaninva

Quote from: PhillyPhreak54 on August 30, 2005, 07:57:05 PM
Hence why I have them losing to the Eagles in the NFCCG

They'll be the #2 seed, I think

If they stay healthy they are definitely the second best team in the NFC...followed closely by ATL. Giants are the second best team in the NFC-E, 10-6 or 9-7 for them wouldn't surprise me at all. Dallas defense will be better this year, their offense doesn't seem to be improved in the least 9-7 is very possible. However we match up well with them. taterskins...will fold their tent by week four.
Get your mojo here:
              korovamilkbar.invisionzone.com

PhillyPhreak54

Quote from: daigglesfaninva on August 31, 2005, 12:24:29 AM

If they stay healthy they are definitely the second best team in the NFC...followed closely by ATL. Giants are the second best team in the NFC-E, 10-6 or 9-7 for them wouldn't surprise me at all. Dallas defense will be better this year, their offense doesn't seem to be improved in the least 9-7 is very possible. However we match up well with them. taterskins...will fold their tent by week four.

I agree with you except we disagree on who the #2 team in the NFC-E is...

I've got Dallas as the #2 squad. They're not much better than the Eli's, but I think they have them by a slight margin.

I know Bledsoe resembles a real-life statue. But I give him the nod over Eli because of experience. Plus I like Julius Jones and if he can carry the load, it will help Dallas protect Drew despite their OL being shoddy.

The only two things I am sure of though is the Eagles will dominate the divison again and the taterskins will shrink like a sack when you get into icy cold water.

henchmanUK

Quote from: hkHog on August 30, 2005, 09:05:52 PM
Quote from: The Waco Kid on August 30, 2005, 07:53:30 PM
Gayness!! :boo  :boo

Yeah, just like T.O.! :-D

Hello. I am a taterskins fan and hungry hungry hippo. I like to laugh at my own jokes. I appear on other teams' message boards before the season starts, then quickly disappear when the taterskins go in the tank.
"The drunkenness, the violence, the nihilism: the Eagles should really be an English football team, not an American one." - Financial Times, London

QB Eagles

Carolina? Well, maybe if the whole team uses roids again...

Don Ho

"Well where does Jack Lord live, or Don Ho?  That's got to be a nice neighborhood"  Jack Singer(Nicholas Cage) in Honeymoon in Vegas.

PhillyGirl

"Oh, yeah. They'll still boo. They have to. They're born to boo. Just now, they'll only boo with two Os instead of like four." - Larry Andersen

TempleOwl

Quote from: PhillyGirl on August 30, 2005, 07:58:10 PM

Funny how the reason the panthers sucked last year was because of their injuries, yet not many folks like to talk about the reason the Eagles lost the NFCCG....injuries.

The Eagles lost that NFCCG for two reasons: 1 - Injuries 2 - I failed to remain focused!!  :paranoid
"If it walks like a duck, quacks like a duck and swims like a duck...SHOOT IT!"

TempleOwl

"If it walks like a duck, quacks like a duck and swims like a duck...SHOOT IT!"