Brian Westbrook Is Not There And Not Expected To Show UP!!

Started by PhillyPhreak54, August 01, 2005, 06:47:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PhillyPhreak54

CSn reporting that Westbrook has not shown up and will not show up soon. The Eagles will release a statement soon...

Rome

PhillyPhreak54

No joke, bro...

The Eagles will be fining Westbrook $6000 per day....

Rome

PhillyPhreak54

So much for Westbrook and Fletcher Smith saying that they realized that the only way to get something done is to be in camp and be playing...

I'm shocked that Fletcher Smith would hold him out too. This is the last thing that the Eagles need.

Rome

Oh, man... you gotta be kidding me.  This is true, dammit.

Are we ever gonna farging get a break as fans?

Jesus.   :-[

PhillyPhreak54

Rome

The funny thing is, I was at a Reebok Factory Store in St. Augustine yesterday and they had Westbrook replica jerseys on sale for like $35.

Glad I didn't buy one.

MURP

I too saw it reported on comcast. 

doesnt make much sense for him to do this. 

PhillyGirl

No sense at ALL.

http://www.concretefield.com/forum/index.php?topic=15436.0

You know McNabb is going to be on the phone with Smith being like, Dude...wtf are you doing to me over here?
"Oh, yeah. They'll still boo. They have to. They're born to boo. Just now, they'll only boo with two Os instead of like four." - Larry Andersen

jeffreyjpa

Yep, no joke...I saw it, too.

I did read in the Inquirer today that Westbrook's negotiations were ongoing, with a lot still left to be done, but the tone seemed upbeat.

Quote from Fletcher Smith in this morning's Philadelphia Inquirer:

Quote"It's no secret it has been a tough market for running backs this year," Smith said. "Shaun Alexander and Edgerrin James coudn't get deals done. There's no question in my mind that if Brian had played in the Carolina game [the NFC title game] two years ago, the Eagles are probably in the Super Bowl. But, how does that translate into the open market and, more important, what's that worth to the Eagles? That's where myself and Brian may differ with the Eagles. We're diligently working, but we're not there yet."

That sounded kind of guardedly positive, and Westbrook has said all along he'd be in camp while they work out an extension...so, naturally, he ends up being the lone hold-out. Wonder if he was annoyed with all of the attention TO's been getting, while fans have kind of mostly ignored his contract situation.

Hope he comes to his senses quickly.

PhillyPhreak54

Man, what a dumbass thing for Westbrook to do. I don't understand this at all. He said himself that when he spoke to Big Red that he knew it was best for him to be there because they won't give him a thing unless he's there playing ball.

What a crazy ass off-season/begining to camp.

Westbrook should face heat too. He signed that tender and knew the Eagles would talk long term deal once it was signed and he was in camp.

PhillyPhreak54

Quote from: jeffreyjpa on August 01, 2005, 07:08:45 PM
Yep, no joke...I saw it, too.

I did read in the Inquirer today that Westbrook's negotiations were ongoing, with a lot still left to be done, but the tone seemed upbeat.

Quote from Fletcher Smith in this morning's Philadelphia Inquirer:

Quote"It's no secret it has been a tough market for running backs this year," Smith said. "Shaun Alexander and Edgerrin James coudn't get deals done. There's no question in my mind that if Brian had played in the Carolina game [the NFC title game] two years ago, the Eagles are probably in the Super Bowl. But, how does that translate into the open market and, more important, what's that worth to the Eagles? That's where myself and Brian may differ with the Eagles. We're diligently working, but we're not there yet."

That sounded kind of guardedly positive, and Westbrook has said all along he'd be in camp while they work out an extension...so, naturally, he ends up being the lone hold-out. Wonder if he was annoyed with all of the attention TO's been getting, while fans have kind of mostly ignored his contract situation.

Hope he comes to his senses quickly.

Yeah, I don't get that either. I read that this morning too. And Fletcher Smith knows the Eagles very well and knows how they operate. He must know this will accomplish nothing.

PhillyGirl

Quote from: jeffreyjpa on August 01, 2005, 07:08:45 PM
Wonder if he was annoyed with all of the attention TO's been getting, while fans have kind of mostly ignored his contract situation.

I really don't think that has a damn thing to do with anything, IMO.
"Oh, yeah. They'll still boo. They have to. They're born to boo. Just now, they'll only boo with two Os instead of like four." - Larry Andersen

BigEd76