Rest Of Baseball - 2022

Started by PhillyPhreak54, March 13, 2022, 10:36:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PhillyPhreak54

Gary Sanchez to MIN in a deal that includes Josh Donaldson and Isaiah Kiner Falefa

Nelson Cruz signing with the Nats

SD

In The Who gives a shtein department VV signed with the white sox

PhillyPhreak54

Braves and A's have made a deal for Matt Olson

That means bye bye Freddie Freeman

MDS

ghost runner here to stay, but looks like an 11th/12 inning start

i.e. the todd rule
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

PhillyPhreak54

PhillyPhreak54

The owners not allowing a salary floor continues to hurt the game.

With the Reds dumping Miley, Sonny Gray and now Winker and Suarez they've chopped off $50m in salary.

They join Pittsburgh, Florida, Cleveland, Arizona, Colorado, Baltimore and Kansas City in the doldrums of never being competitive bc the owners are cheap iceholes.

You can add Tampa and Oakland in there for sake of fact about money but at least they are competitive.

PhillyPhreak54

Cutch is signing with Milwaukee

MDS

Quote from: PhillyPhreak54 on March 14, 2022, 05:54:50 PM
You can add Tampa and Oakland in there for sake of fact about money but at least they are competitive.

oakland is doing a straight fire sale...phillies dont have anything to get in on it
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

PhillyPhreak54

Oakland always does that. Then they'll churn up some minor leaguers and compliment them with cheap vets. Sometimes they get into the playoffs and if not they flip the cheap vets and around we go again

PhillyPhreak54

PhillyPhreak54

Don Ho

Quote from: PhillyPhreak54 on March 14, 2022, 08:11:38 PM
Oakland always does that. Then they'll churn up some minor leaguers and compliment them with cheap vets. Sometimes they get into the playoffs and if not they flip the cheap vets and around we go again

Great observations J.  Lots of family in East Bay who are A's fans.  A's are a shtein show with their fire sale after fire sale.  They got land approved for a beautiful new stadium on the waterfront but now ownership talking about moving to Vegas.  Attended a game at Oakland Colosseum back in 2014, that place should have been imploded 20 years ago.  To bad the two tenants were run by lunatics.
"Well where does Jack Lord live, or Don Ho?  That's got to be a nice neighborhood"  Jack Singer(Nicholas Cage) in Honeymoon in Vegas.

PhillyPhreak54

As much as I rip lil guy for his love of stupid analytical bs I respect Beane for making the most from what he's given to work with.

I'd hate to see them leave Oakland but it almost has to happen. Vegas will put money into them. Whether the owner then used it to improve his team that remains to be seen.

Plus the A's all white uni's and their green tops with white bottoms are fantastic

MDS

i think j just admitted hes wrong  ???

PhillyPhreak54

Not really. Just that Beane does what he needs to do to try to compete. He's the OG.

Not some Dartmouth grad whose nuts haven't dropped yet trying to reinvent the wheel