Phillies

Started by MDS, March 29, 2018, 04:09:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MDS

im going to ST in march...i think theyll be cheaper at the gate. and you can always just get lawn seating and move around.

looks like $33 is a base price for anything foul pole to foul pole
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

SD

Quote from: MDS on February 05, 2023, 09:13:08 PM
im going to ST in march...i think theyll be cheaper at the gate. and you can always just get lawn seating and move around.

looks like $33 is a base price for anything foul pole to foul pole

Might be there mid March...Yankees game possibly

MDS

9th and 10th in clearwooder, probably 11th in tampa against the yankees

come one come all
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

Rome

Used to go to several games a year.  At least two weekends and an occasional mid-week game plus always St Paddy's Day. 

Can't be bothered anymore.  The prices aren't bad at the game but $300 - $600/night for a hotel room in Clearwater Beach ain't cutting it.

BTW: Just get standing room tix.  You'll spend a lot of time walking around anyway.

PS: Be prepared to wait a while at Lenny's for breakfast.  It's worth it, though. 

Geowhizzer

I almost never stay.  It's about a 3-hour drive for me, and I'll be on spring break.  So it'll be a trip up and a trip back.

Pro Tip:  Lather up on sunscreen.  Florida sun hits different.

ice grillin you

Quote from: Geowhizzer on February 05, 2023, 07:52:44 PM
Quote from: PhillyPhreak54 on February 02, 2023, 05:40:53 PM
Trucks rolled out to Clearwooder today.

$40 for a spring training ticket.  Holy shtein.

Thats cheap as hell
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

phattymatty

make sure you patronize as many scientology owned establishments as you can. 

Geowhizzer

ice grillin you

as if the last 24 hours couldnt have gotten worse

Tom McCarthy has agreed to long-term contract extension that will keep him in his current role for most of the 2020s.
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

SD

In the minority but I don't mind Tmac.

MDS

its such a weird dynamic with him because hes very good on cbb and nfl...hes also by all accounts a very nice man. so good broadcaster + decent person should = great local announcer.

but not here. hes unbearable. i think what it boils down to is he sucks on baseball

Don Ho

Agreed Todd, he is really good doing NFL games and college basketball.  I don't mind him.  Christ, what shoes he had to fill.  Harry was top 10 baseball broadcasters of al time. 

God I miss his "Shane VIIICKTOREENO" and his all time deep low perfect voice saying "You're kidding me, You are kidding me!" on a late season collapse after Craig Biggio hit a bomb off Wagner in 05 or 06?  Phils and Astros were battling for WC. 
"Well where does Jack Lord live, or Don Ho?  That's got to be a nice neighborhood"  Jack Singer(Nicholas Cage) in Honeymoon in Vegas.

Don Ho

Apparently Bohm put on 15 lbs.  Not sure if it's muscle or he grew out the blonde locks over the holidays.
"Well where does Jack Lord live, or Don Ho?  That's got to be a nice neighborhood"  Jack Singer(Nicholas Cage) in Honeymoon in Vegas.

Geowhizzer

SD

More competition is never a bad thing unless you're a Hoyda like Wentz and this could be interesting. Will report to Clearwater this week

https://www.cbssports.com/mlb/news/phillies-pitching-prospect-noah-song-discharged-from-navy-will-join-spring-training-as-rule-5-draft-pick/

QuoteSong can remain on the military list until Opening Day when, as a Rule 5 pick, the Phillies must add him to the active roster. From there, he must remain on the Phillies MLB roster, not sent back to the minors, or else he'd end up on waivers and could land back with the Red Sox.

Back in 2019, Song made seven starts for Class-A Lowell and had a 1.06 ERA, 0.88 WHIP and 19 strikeouts in 17 innings. This came the same year that he was 11-1 with a 1.44 ERA, 0.92 WHIP and 161 strikeouts in 94 innings his senior season for Navy. His scouting reports at the time indicated a low-to-mid-90s fastball with a wipeout, MLB-ready slider. He was considered a first-round talent who only slipped to the fourth round due to his impending military service.