Rock shows

Started by Diomedes, April 11, 2006, 10:24:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Diomedes

Quote from: Munson on July 12, 2022, 12:33:51 PM...and the internet is alive with....

Nothing.  The Internet is alive with nothing.  Russian bots and vapid, click-addicted zeroes. 

Get off the internet.
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

ice grillin you

Quote from: Diomedes on July 12, 2022, 12:16:25 PM
for Havas, in the unlikely event he don't already know this news:

https://twitter.com/DanRodricks/status/1546845503895310341

appreciate it but I did know it and wouldn't pay 5 bucks to see him now...70 year olds should not be touring especially when you were quite easily the best ever for 30 years....this some Willie mays on the Mets shtein...
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

PhillyPhreak54

So you and lil guy weren't at Elton John tonight is what you're saying?

MDS

i wanted to go but im a spoiled brat with concerts....if i cant sit close i dont want to be there. floor seats were like 6-7 bills, get in was 150. i dont like elton that much.
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

PhillyPhreak54

I'm with you. I don't want to be up in the nosebleeds bc what's the point

Diomedes

saw these dudes last night

https://youtu.be/NkuOJNBICyQ

https://youtu.be/9_gkpYORQLU

Impressive performance...but bloodless, no push and pull at all...so as an intellectual/concept I think it's cool, and the technical chops these dudes have are outrageous...but I'd love to hear them play some rock and roll without a metronome, or a super curated arrangement...I don't know if they could make you want to shake your ass in a roadhouse, or find a groove without three months of practice on the piece

There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

phattymatty

I had to sell my rage against the machine / run the jewels tix for last night because dc is ground zero for monkeypox and the wife didn't want me bringing it home to a newborn. 

I would have risked it.

General_Failure

Quote from: Diomedes on August 04, 2022, 09:49:59 AM
saw these dudes last night

Introducing math nerds to guitars was a mistake.

The man. The myth. The legend.

SD

Saw Burr last night at the wfc. Everyone who came had to put their phones in this thing called a yondr

https://www.overyondr.com/

I was expecting him to address the Philly incident but he never brought it up. Whole new routine...he's on my Mount Rushmore of comedians (Burr/Murphy/Rock/Gaffigan) but his new material was only so so.

MDS

really lame when artists do that. youd think hed be a guy not worried at all if online leftists got mad about his jokes, thats his whole shtick

xpn fez last night at the tweeter center (or freedom mortgage pavilion) to see war on drugs and patti smith. patti is getting up there but she can still bring it. TWOD were amazing as usual. my first time there somehow and that place just sucks. i guess its fun if you pay $20 for lawn seats and get to chill at a concert for nothing but theres just no way to really get energy in that kind of venue
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

PhillyPhreak54

Burr's animated Netflix comedy F is for Family was funny

Diomedes

Quote from: MDS on September 17, 2022, 06:16:27 PMreally lame when artists do that.

not as lame as people holding up their phones in front of you

I ain't pay to see hundreds of phones blocking my line of sight

ice grillin you

how will anyone really know if they were there without a cell phone video.
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

Rome

Got tickets for Depeche Mode in October.  I had the presale password so my tickets are fairly and reasonably priced but since when are tickets in the first few rows $2,000?    I mean holy shtein.  I'd pay that for exactly no one.  Maybe if the Beatles played with resurrected Lennon and Harrison on stage, but that's about it.

The Killers were $300/each at an amphitheater down here too.  Wut. 

Munson

I think it's the Ticketmaster demand thing now where the more demand there is the higher they get. Same thing was happening to blink tickets when their tour went on sale
Quote from: ice grillin you on April 01, 2008, 05:10:48 PM
perhaps you could explain sd's reasons for "disliking" it as well since you seem to be so in tune with other peoples minds