farg Dallas! Thread

Started by SD_Eagle5, March 16, 2006, 10:13:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

reese125

I still think they miss Plaxico

when youre getting bum-rushed like that with blitzing...its very effective to have that big ass target turning on routes

PoopyfaceMcGee

Holy shtein Demarcus Ware

QuoteWare chasing Martin's record: With 19 sacks this season, DeMarcus Ware is now tied with Mark Gastineau (1983), Clyde Simmons (1992) and Bruce Smith (1990) for the eighth-most in a season.

Former Giants defensive end Michael Strahan holds the league record with 22 1/2 in 2001. Ware would love to break that record as well as Harvey Martin's unofficial club record of 23. The Cowboys' eight sacks were their most since a nine-sack outburst Nov. 9, 1997 against the Cardinals.

SD_Eagle5

Too bad they don't play the Jets, Favre could make things happen.

SD_Eagle5

Top 10 most memorable games at Texas Stadium

5. Philadelphia 27, Dallas 0 (Nov. 23, 1989)

Ah, the Bounty Bowl, when Eagles coach Buddy Ryan allegedly offered $200 to knock kicker Luis Zendejas out of the game and $500 for a Troy Aikman KO.

Things got testy between Eagles coach Buddy Ryan, above, and Jimmy Johnson in 1989.
The charge originated with Zendejas, who claimed he taped the threats via a phone conversation with a Philadelphia source but never produced it for anyone to hear. It didn't matter since it was easier to cast Ryan as a villain who'd already stooped to score a rub-it-in TD against Tom Landry and harpooned successor Jimmy Johnson as a suspect NFL head coach.

"Tell Jimmy there won't be any East Carolinas or Cincinnatis on his schedule,'' Ryan needled when Johnson replaced Landry.

Even after Ryan failed to machine-gun the lifeboats and pulled his regulars late, Johnson was furious at the finish. He bolted to midfield looking for Ryan, thereby prolonging the lack of emphasis on the lousy season unfolding in Dallas.

"I would have said something to Buddy, but he wouldn't stand on the field long enough. He got his fat rear end into the dressing room,'' Johnson snapped.

NFL commissioner Paul Tagliabue's investigation predictably cleared the Eagles of plotting naughty things against the Cowboys. The sour aftermath caused curious minds to ponder what might happen in a Buddy-Jimmy rematch later in Philly.

"I wonder if they're going to shake hands ... or arm wrestle,'' said Dave Widell of the Cowboys. Nothing untoward occurred between Johnson or Ryan, but it was the game in which Eagles fans pelted Johnson with snow balls (batteries included).

ice grillin you

i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

shorebird

Buddy Ryan had his following, his players loved him, and some Eagle fans still think he was a great coach even though he won only one playoff game his entire tenure in Philly, and never was hired as a head coach again. He made headlines, thats for sure, but you would be hard to find a coach that was a bigger ass than Buddy Ryan.

ice grillin you

hes probably the greatest sports figure to ever come thru philly...hes definitely the greatest coaching figure and him being an ass is what made him so great...and correction he won ZERO playoff games

kotite - 1
buddy - 0

Wingspan

Quote from: shorebird on December 17, 2008, 08:22:07 PM
Buddy Ryan had his following, his players loved him, and some Eagle fans still think he was a great coach even though he won only one playoff game his entire tenure in Philly

Which playoff game was that?

and never was hired as a head coach again.

except for the houston oilers(dc) and cardinals
Connection Problems

Sorry, SMF was unable to connect to the database. This may be caused by the server being busy. Please try again later.

shorebird

Quote from: Wingspan on December 17, 2008, 08:29:44 PM
Buddy Ryan had his following, his players loved him, and some Eagle fans still think he was a great coach even though he won only one playoff game his entire tenure in Philly

Which playoff game was that?

and never was hired as a head coach again.

except for the houston oilers(dc) and cardinals

Thats right, it was Kotite who won against Detroit.  Forgot about that.

Quote from: ice grillin you on December 17, 2008, 08:29:01 PM
hes probably the greatest sports figure to ever come thru philly...hes definitely the greatest coaching figure and him being an ass is what made him so great...and correction he won ZERO playoff games

kotite - 1
buddy - 0

Yes, but being a great coaching figure doesn't make you a great coach. He had  teams loaded with talent and could never get them over the playoff hump.

ice grillin you

kotite beat new orleans

ray rhodes beat detroit

stop posting

shorebird

Me being wrong about one playoff win doens't change the fact that all three sucked, including Buddy Ryan.

ice grillin you

you been wrong about approx. 27 things in the last 25 minutes and all of them have been common knowledge items amongst eagle fans...you can come back tomorrow but take the rest of this evening off please and re group

shorebird

1=27??

This......coming from someone who thinks Buddy Ryan is the greatest sports figure to come thru Philly.

SunMo

I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood.

Tomahawk

You don't think you look chump enough already?