farg Dallas! Thread

Started by SD_Eagle5, March 16, 2006, 10:13:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PoopyfaceMcGee

Quote from: Jerome99RIP on January 25, 2008, 01:29:12 PM
Hitler & Sean Taylor are laughing their asses off in hell right now at that.

Agreed.

rjs246

I thought Sean Taylor WAS Hitler.
Is rjs gonna have to choke a bitch?

Let them eat bootstraps.

Diomedes

show some respect for the dead and don't insult Hitler like that homeboy
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

Sgt PSN

Quote from: Diomedes on January 25, 2008, 06:50:56 PM
show some respect for the dead and don't insult Hitler like that homeboy

Right on.  Ok, so maybe Hilter killed a couple of Jews.  But did he ever spit in another man's face in a playoff game and cost his team 15 yards?  I don't friggin think so.  Why?  Because Hitler was a true professional. 

SD_Eagle5

Hitler's mom died on December 21st 1907, another ST connect!

PhillyPhreak54

Quote'BOYS TO MAKE A DEAL WITH THE FINS?

ESPN's Chris Mortensen suggested during a special edition of Sunday NFL Countdown that Cowboys owner Jerry Jones is eyeing the possibility of swinging a trade with the Dolphins for the No. 1 overall pick in the 2008 draft.

Such a deal would allow the 'Boys to bag running back Darren McFadden, who played college football at Jones' alma mater of Arkansas.

Per Mort, any such deal would have to include the rights to Cowboys running back Marion Barber, who is slated to be a restricted free agent.  To make it happen, the Cowboys would have to work out a sign-and-trade deal before Barber gets a chance to ink an offer sheet that would force the Cowboys to match the terms or let him go in exchange for compensation.  Thus, the safest bet for the 'Boys would be to tender Barber at the highest possible level, which would force any team that signs him to give up a first-round pick and a third-round pick.  Those extra picks then could be used to sweeten the pot for the top spot in the draft.

And it's clear that the Cowboys are going to have to find a way to enhance the two first-rounders that they can offer up for the No. 1 pick.  Under the revised draft order, the Cowboys pick at No. 22 (from Cleveland) and at No. 28.  Under the trade chart, the No. 22 overall pick is worth 780 points and the No. 28 selection is worth 660 points.  The No. 1 selection has a value of 3,000 points; thus, the Cowboys would be a whopping 1,560 points short.

Though the trade chart arguably needs to be adjusted to reflect the fact that the enormous financial investment that is now required when using the top pick makes the prospects of a move up even more fraught with risk, the Fins could justify the 1,560-point gap by placing that value on Barber, who coupled with Ronnie Brown could give Miami a deadly one-two punch in the backfield.

Some readers think that the framework for a deal is already in place, and was part of the unspoken understanding that allowed the Dolphins to have their way with the Dallas front office and coaching staff.  If that's true it wouldn't surprise us.  Jones surely covets McFadden, and our guess is that he is willing to do whatever is necessary to get him.   

QuoteCAMPO BACK TO COWBOYS?

More than five years ago, Cowboys head coach Dave Campo suffered one of the worst indignities that any head coach could experience.  While he was still working as head coach, owner Jerry Jones secretly met with Bill Parcells about replacing him.

And now Campo could be coming back.

Albert Breer of the Dallas Morning News reports that the Jaguars have given the Cowboys permission to interview Campo, which means that the Jaguars won't be upset to see him leave.  With former Lions and Jets defensive coordinator Donnie Henderson now on the Jacksonville staff in an undetermined role, Campo's expertise with the defensive backs might no longer be needed, or wanted.

Campo wouldn't be the first once-fired head coach of a team to return in a lesser capacity.  Former Chiefs coach Gunther Cunningham returned to the team in 2004 as defensive coordinator, and has spent four more seasons there

Dillen

Every time I see that stupid "60 stretch far luuuuuuuuuuuh" commercial I want to put my foot through the TV. I hope I'm not the only one.

Sgt PSN

Quote from: Dillen on January 27, 2008, 05:28:24 PM
Every time I see that stupid "60 stretch far luuuuuuuuuuuh" commercial I want to put my foot through the TV. I hope I'm not the only one.

Depends on which tv I'm watching at the time.  If it's my 42" flat panel, then no.  If it's the 19" rear projection in my bedroom then yes. 

Eagaholic

Has this been posted yet? The last 3 seconds make it downright gratifying, even it is the Giants.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ldjgAUM4G-4

PoopyfaceMcGee

Quote from: Eagaholic on January 27, 2008, 10:11:02 PM

Has this been posted yet? The last 3 seconds make it downright gratifying, even it is the Giants.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ldjgAUM4G-4

Ha.

The Cowboys giving up a bunch of stuff, including Barber, for McFadden would be great.  McFadden might be a great player, but the upgrade from Barber is NOT going to be enough to justify the difference.  The only thing I can think of is that maybe Barber's running style leads them to believe he might only have a year or two left.  Whatever.

BigEd76

Those BigTen RBs don't last long  :P

phattymatty

McFadden>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Barber

PoopyfaceMcGee

rjs246

Quote from: phattymatty on January 28, 2008, 11:56:35 AM
McFadden>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Barber

That may end up being true, but McFadden is unproven. Barber has been a very good, very versatile running back in the NFL.

Barber + 2 first round draft picks is WAY too much to give up for a rookie who could turn out to be Curtis Enis. Which is exactly why I hope Dallas makes the trade.
Is rjs gonna have to choke a bitch?

Let them eat bootstraps.

ice grillin you

if the number one pick is such a detriment and no one wants it...why do you have to give up so much for it?
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous