farg Dallas! Thread

Started by SD_Eagle5, March 16, 2006, 10:13:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PhillyPhreak54

Yeah it turned out he was picking up a Bud Light banner first and then was going to fly the Eagles one later.

Either way - terribly sad.

MDS

i think someone else was supposed to fly the eagles banner actually

either way it doesnt matter. some dude is dead. football fans are neanderthal idiot losers. moving on.
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

PhillyPhreak54

http://thebiglead.com/2015/08/18/cowboys-rams-got-into-a-massive-training-camp-fight/#sthash.vcJAS5IE.uxfs&st_refDomain=t.co&st_refQuery=/GFz7Ix3Ok8

Nice brawl in the Rams and Cowboys joint practice

Dez took a shot in the schozz because he was fighting without a helmet like a dumbass.

Joint practices are stupid

SunMo

why are joint practices stupid? 
I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood.

PhillyPhreak54

Waste of time IMO - If I am a HC I am keeping my team at camp and not traveling outside of that area just for practices.

ice grillin you

Quote from: PhillyPhreak54 on August 19, 2015, 09:27:12 AM
Waste of time IMO - If I am a HC I am keeping my team at camp and not traveling outside of that area just for practices.

lol what?

i cant think of any reasons why joint practices would be bad but that one is just completely bizarre
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

MDS

every single coach from high school to the nfl will tell you that scrimmaging/practicing against other teams is a good thing. coach j knows better.
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

PhillyPhreak54

Because the travel and moving a whole training camp is inefficient.

Look at Hard Knocks for example...the Texans fly to Virginia for three days. They are dressing in a ballroom.

If I am a coach I keep my team at my site and not fly and pack up everything just to practice against another team. The practices aren't even against the other team for the entire time - they break off and do their individual things...which I believe is better suited to be done at your own training facility

ice grillin you

i dont agree with it but i suppose at the pro level you could say that practicing against another team that you have no control over could be potentially dangerous to the health of your players if someone on the other team goes rogue or they have a coach that doesnt have control of their team....but that would be the only reason and even that is a reach

MDS

and thats just the texans....which admittedly is j's orbit

the eagles have done joint practices against NE and now BAL. pretty short trips. one year its home, next year its on the road. pretty simple. you get to go against someone other than your teammates during practice. the live action, seeing another defense and other bodies, is pretty beneficial.

but wait! 4 time super bowl winning coach professional coach high school coach volunteer assistant at the houston ymca dude on the internet coach j says he doesnt like it!

PhillyPhreak54

admittedly my orbit? lololol

I didn't like when the Eagles did it with NE nor do I like it with BAL...I mean how much more clear do I need to be that it doesnt matter which NFL team it is?

Rome

Your reasons are valid, dude.  They don't have the ability to understand why you think differently or the ability to express their opinions without being iceholes about it.

I mean, really... why do you even bother?

I do disagree because at this point in TC hitting someone not wearing your laundry outweighs any inconveniences being away from your home turf might cause.

PhillyPhreak54

Quote from: Rome on August 19, 2015, 11:24:23 AM
Your reasons are valid, dude.  They don't have the ability to understand why you think differently or the ability to express their opinions without being iceholes about it.

I mean, really... why do you even bother?

I do disagree because at this point in TC hitting someone not wearing your laundry outweighs any inconveniences being away from your home turf might cause.

lol true

But as for the hitting - hell most teams don't even go full contact. And if they do it is for short sessions. So even in the joint practices most of the 11-11 periods are "thud" drills where they push the dude and let up...and then it evolves into a brawl.

Stay at your place and get in better work than traveling...because even a short jaunt up the expressway is still a major production.

phattymatty

I'm buying a #45 Rams jersey.

ice grillin you

Quote from: PhillyPhreak54 on August 19, 2015, 11:28:18 AM
Stay at your place and get in better work than traveling...because even a short jaunt up the expressway is still a major production.

just think of all the practice time they could be getting in if only they werent travelling

and thank god all 16 reg season games are at home this year