farg Dallas! Thread

Started by SD_Eagle5, March 16, 2006, 10:13:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bobbyinlondon

I think Jones undermined him when he signed Owens and then expected the two to get along. I think Parcells was tired of Jones' BS--I mean he called the loss to the Eagles as one of the most disappointing in his whole ownership of the team, but didn't seem that phased with the loss in the playoffs to the Seahawks. He's going to need a big name now that they've got their stadium deal, but the question is, who would want to work for Jerry Jones?

MDS

Carrie Underwood broke it off with Tony Romo  :-D
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

Eaglez

I heard she's shackin' up with Parcells.

SD_Eagle5

Jerkoff alert

QuoteOwens: Parcells' retirement 'was needed'
Cowboys receiver says coach's old-school ways not good for team

Matt Slocum / AP file

MSNBC News Services
Updated: 2:11 a.m. ET Jan 23, 2007

Terrell Owens says that Bill Parcells' retirement can only be a good thing for the Cowboys, according to a report in the Fort Worth Star-Telegram.

Speaking to the newspaper from Miami, where he is recovering from finger surgery, Owens said his play, and that of the Cowboys, was disappointing in the past season. He said the results are partly attributed to Parcells.

"I am just hoping his retirement brings promise to what the team has to offer," Owens said. "This past year was a big letdown. On paper we were as good as anybody we played against every week. The end result didn't show that. Our play was not indicative of what we could have done. What we should have done. Hopefully, the owner will hire a coach to take the team to the next level."

T.O. said that Parcells fostered an unhealthy locker room environment.

"Sometimes change is good," Owens told the paper. " I think it was needed."

Owens said Parcells sometimes wouldn't talk to him for weeks, and did not offer and words of encouragement after his accidental overdose.

"Coming into this season and this situation, I wanted to be positive," Owens told the Star-Telegram. "When I talked to him for the first time we left an impression on each other. I still think he is a great guy. But he is like my grandmother. You love the person, but they are stuck in their old-school ways. You can't move them from their way of thought."

"You don't know who is doing what," Owens said. "You don't know who is calling plays. That is why our offense was up and down. You saw that at the end of the year. It filtered off. We as a team felt the frustration. I felt the frustration. But Bill is Bill."

Owens admitted that he did not play up to his potential, but he also said that he didn't fit into the offense.

"I was underutilized in the offense," Owens said. "A new coach can be good for the Cowboys. It's not just me. But my teammates know I could have done more. I wasn't used as a No. 1 receiver. If you don't involve a guy, that person is not going to be as productive as he can be. That's how I felt."

© 2007 MSNBC Interactive

Geowhizzer

I am sure that the new coach in Dallas is going to have every tool at his disposal to be successful.  :-D

Rome

"This is how I held the Lombardi Trophy twice, Terrell." 

Sgt PSN

BigEd76

A reporter from Fort Worth was on WIP this morning and suggested that Parcells left because he wasn't going to get a contract extension with at least $6M/yr.

Eaglez

Plus the Cowboys were dominated at the end of the year and had some really ugly losses. The didn't seem like a Parcells disciplined team.

While salary probably had a lot to do with it, it was probably much easier for Parcells to walk once he realized that the team was unresponsive and undisciplined and it probably wasn't worth the hassle to try and weed out the losers and instill team discipline again.

MDS

Well that didn't take long for TO to start shtein. Ha.
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

ice grillin you

"I am just hoping [Bill Parcells'] retirement brings promise to what the team has to offer," Owens said, according to the Ft. Worth Star Telegram. "This past year was a big letdown. On paper we were as good as anybody we played against every week. The end result didn't show that. Our play was not indicative of what we could have done. What we should have done. Hopefully, the owner will hire a coach to take the team to the next level."

"Coming into this season and this situation, I wanted to be positive," Owens said. "When I talked to him for the first time we left an impression on each other. I still think he is a great guy. But he is like my grandmother. You love the person, but they are stuck in their old-school ways. You can't move them from their way of thought."
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

PhillyPhreak54

BlueHeart

Owens does have a great ass...

:-D
Maybe the voices aren't real, but, they've got some pretty good ideas...

Sgt PSN

I'm sure Jerrah will have offseason surgery to get one implanted. 

Sgt PSN