was an accidental post.  sorry.

To make up for it, point and laugh at a cowboys fan:
Quote01-08-2007, 12:53 PM 323774

TonyRomo

Joined on 08-20-2006

Draft eligible

Dear Tony Romo,
Reply Quote Favorites Contact

Dear Tony Romo, I'm embarrassed. I'm embarrassed that Cowboy Nation has become the quickest to jump on and off of the bandwagon. Tony, before you entered the game on Monday night against the Giants, we had no hope of going anywhere this season. Immediately you came in and made 2006 one of the most memorable for many Cowboy fans. You gave us hope and you give us hope that from at least the next 5 or so years, the Dallas Cowboys will be playoff contenders as long as you are under center. Your #9 jerseys gave boys and men alike something to look forward to under the Christmas tree this past year, and I for one will wear mine proud until I have a reason not to. Tony, don't worry about what happened in Seattle. The chain of events leading up to the bobble proved that this was just not your year. Sometimes its not your year. YOU WILL BE A GREAT NFL QUARTERBACK, AND THE SETBACK IN SEATTLE WILL MAKE YOU EVEN BETTER! Thanks Tony for 2006 and the memories that we all have. In the press conference after the game, we watched as you sat and took the entire blame on yourself, and my wife was in tears. But it is okay Tony, I was crying along with her.

Report abuse Quick Reply

:-D
Connection Problems

Sorry, SMF was unable to connect to the database. This may be caused by the server being busy. Please try again later.

SD_Eagle5

Link
QuoteJones expects Owens, Glenn to return next season

By RICK HERRIN
STAR-TELEGRAM STAFF WRITER

IRVING - Cowboys owner Jerry Jones wouldn't speculate about Bill Parcells' future with the team, but he was firm about the status of his star receivers.

During his weekly radio show on KTCK/1310 AM The Ticket, Jones said he expects to bring back both starting receivers, Terrell Owens and Terry Glenn, next season. Owens is due a $3 million roster bonus in March, and Glenn is scheduled to earn $5 million.

Jones became testy when asked about paying both to return.

"Do you know that I know what the consequences are if [Owens] comes back?" Jones said. "I know what you have to pay."

Jones also said he paid no attention to the published reports that Parcells was interested in the Giants general manager position. He reiterated he wants Parcells to return and said he still sees his passion to coach.

Parcells taking his time

Bill Parcells has told his assistants he will take his time making a decision on his future, a source told the Star-Telegram. Contractually, he has until February, although a decision should come sooner than that.

Parcells has given his assistant coaches next week off.

Four coaches are without contracts for next season, including special teams coach Bruce DeHaven, running backs coach Anthony Lynn, assistant secondary coach Mike MacIntyre and quality control coach David Lee.

Zimmer's move

On his weekly radio show, Jerry Jones said he deliberated over giving the Atlanta Falcons permission to talk to defensive coordinator Mike Zimmer before approving. Zimmer agreed to a two-year deal with the Falcons on Tuesday.

"Mike has been one of the most valuable people that we've had in the Dallas Cowboys organization since I've owned the team," Jones said. "There's a lot of me that hates to see Mike Zimmer go."

Romo still the future?

Despite a struggle down the stretch which included four losses in his last five starts, Jerry Jones is confident Tony Romo is the Cowboys' quarterback of the future.

"I think Tony Romo is a viable quarterback for us for the future," Jones said.

"I can look a little more long-term there than I have been able to do the last two or three years. One of the things that I talked to Bill [Parcells] about when he came here was that we've got to get a quarterback in place here at some point that we can hang our hat on and build around.

"And I think we made a big step toward that this year, and that's big."

Getting Williams closer

Pro Bowl safety Roy Williams was exposed in coverage this season, adding to the debate he has skills more suited for a linebacker. Jerry Jones said Williams needs to be closer to the line of scrimmage.

"We've got to get Roy closer," Jones said. "We've got to get him more where he can get up and make more plays. I think everybody recognizes that. We say we're going to do it at this time of the year every year, we've got to start doing it more."

Jones also said he expects outside linebacker Greg Ellis to return from a ruptured Achilles' tendon.

Rick Herrin, 817-685-3864 rickherrin@star-telegram.com 

BlueHeart

Maybe the voices aren't real, but, they've got some pretty good ideas...

MURP

shorebird

HOW 'BOUT THEM COWBOYZZZZZZ??

shorebird

AAAAAAAHHHHHHaaaaaaaa!

Farg them stinkin' Cowboys.

phattymatty

Sgt PSN

The BIGSTUD

Bill Parcells to make a decision tomorrow on whether or not he is coming back per PFT. They also said there are rumblings from players that he isn't coming back.
Calling it right on the $ since day one.
Just pointing laughing, and living it up while watching the Miami Heat stink it up.

Feva

Per NFL Network & ESPN:

= DONE
"Now I'm completing up the other half of that triangle" - Emmitt Smith on joining Troy Aikman and Michael Irvin in the Hall of Fame

"If you have sex with a prostitute against her will, is that considered rape or shoplifting?" -- 2 Live Stews

BlueHeart

PoopyfaceMcGee

You're rolling your eyes at the only head coach to ever win an NFL Championship of any kind for your team.

BlueHeart

Big f'n deal. I don't live in the past. Otherwise I'd feel the need to point out that there were championship games played before it was called the Super Bowl...

He's a traitorous prick who can go F himself.

PoopyfaceMcGee

Quote from: BlueHeart on January 22, 2007, 04:30:37 PM
Otherwise I'd feel the need to point out that there were championship games played before it was called the Super Bowl...

Right.  And how many of those did the Giants win?

BlueHeart

2, I believe. In the 30's. '34 & '38?

Which means about as much in the here and now as 1986 and 1990 does. *shrug*

Edit: And '27. That's 3. I checked to be sure about the years. LOL