Anyone seen a good movie lately?

Started by henchmanUK, December 09, 2004, 11:44:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MDS

knives out glass onion - rian johnson does it again...just an insanely fun 2 hours with a killer (no pun intended) janelle monae performance. if you enjoyed the first, youll like this. 4/5

notting hill - i dont know why i watched this, it was so farging stupid. julia roberts was so gorgeous though my god 1.5/5
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

Rome

Alec Baldwin was great in his cameo but yes it was about as saccharin as it gets.  Not a Roberts fan but no doubt she was hot in that movie. 

Rome

Just finished Glass Onion.  Really was excellent.  All kinds of twists and turns.  I liked it a lot.  And Janelle Monae was fantastic.  Jesus she is gorgeous.  The whole cast was great and I actually liked this one at least as much as the first.

Zanshin

Quote from: Rome on December 26, 2022, 07:55:52 PM
Just finished Glass Onion.  Really was excellent.  All kinds of twists and turns.  I liked it a lot.  And Janelle Monae was fantastic.  Jesus she is gorgeous.  The whole cast was great and I actually liked this one at least as much as the first.

Are these stand-alone films, or do you need to watch them in order to appreciate them?

ice grillin you

standalone....they are like bond films

glass onion was a waste of time...it actually was really funny but the murder mystery part of it which is supposed to be what carries these movies was a straight snooze....never for a second did i care about a single character or who did it

watch the first skip the second or at least dont go out of your way to see or pay for it like i did in the theater
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

Rome

Opinions vary.  Janelle Monae alone is a reason to see it.

MDS

some plane fare

titanic - havent seen this since the 90s. what a piece of shtein. so leo and kate meet, go on like 1 date, then shes throwing her life away and giving up her v card for him? i mean hes super hot, sure. but i didnt buy it. then the ship floods and the 2 of them are playing marco polo in the flood waters for hours. only when the ship is about to sink does the movie establish how frigid the air and water is. ahhh, i see. so swimming endlessly in flood water = fine. 5 seconds outside before sink = blue lips and death. got it. farg you james cameron. 0/5

clerks 3 - kevin smiths best movie since jay and silent bob strike back which came out when i was in high school. i watched with some fairly mediocre subtitles, but still pretty good if you enjoy his stuff. 3/5

alone together - katie holmes wrote (?) and directed (!?!) a rom com about an air bnb double booking during the early days of covid. whaaaat. ok i didnt even have subtitles for this, but even with no sound my god is this a piece of giraffe crap. shes too skinny now. tom cruise you freak you ruined joey from dawsons creek. 0/5
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

SD

"The menu" on hbomax isn't a bad horror flick. White lotus fans should appreciate it.

The black phone on Amazon...horror flick worth the 2 hours

Black Adam - needed a 2 hour time killer Xmas morning, starts off ok then goes typical dc cgi storm.

ice grillin you

speaking of horror just copped my tickets to m3gan for this weekend

SD

If you want to see a decent horror flick with shtein you don't see coming check out "Barbarian" on hbomax. Odd doesn't begin to describe it.

ice grillin you

i saw it in the theater when it dropped....great me too movie

MDS

banshees of inishirin - not as funny as some people thought it was but a tremendous colin farrell performance (ive never seem someone play dull stupidity so well, it was all in the eyes) with brandon gleeson joining in to crush it carries it over the finish line. much better than martin mcdonagh's most recent movie where sam rockwell kills a guy in broad daylight and nothing happens. 3/5

you people - hysterical but very predictable. which is what youd expect. they dont reinvent any rom com wheels here. JLD is outrageous but shes too goyisha to play a jew. like she emits so much waspiness i just cant buy her as a jew. but shes so much better than anyone else who couldve played this role. so whatever. 4/5

SD

Got about 30 minutes into Banshees of Inishirin before I turned it off. Kept getting the feeling I'd finish it wishing I had the 2 hours back in my life.

All Quiet on the Western Front - phenomenal

ice grillin you

the quiet girl - nominated for best foreign film this year...great farging movie with a devastating ending

8/10

the elephant whisperer - nominated for short doc.  very short and sweet watch.

6.5/10

SD

Ant-Man Quantumania - kicks off phase 5 marvel movies. Definitely different but overall mid level marvel film. Gonna be interesting to see how they move forward with Kang. Jonathan Majors kills it as Kang