2022 Playoffs

Started by PhillyPhreak54, January 08, 2023, 09:02:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PhillyPhreak54

Wild Card Weekend

San Francisco (-10) vs Seattle (o/u 43)
Minnesota (-3) vs New York Giants (o/u 47.5)
Tampa Bay (+3) vs Dallas (o/u 44.5)

Buffalo (-10.5) vs Miami (o/u 45)
Cincinnati (-5.5) vs (o/u 44)
Jacksonville (+2.5) vs Los Angeles Chargers (o/u 47)

Notable QB issues with Miami and Baltimore. Skylar Thompson likely to start for Miami assuming Tua is not cleared and Teddy B's pinkie isn't healed enough. If Lamar doesn't go then Huntley starts there.

QB Eagles

Should be a big radioactive danger sign next to the Chargers favored across the country in a playoff game.

PhillyPhreak54

No doubt.

I expect Jacksonville to win that game

PhillyPhreak54

Seattle at San Fran on Saturday at 430pm ET on FOX

Los Angeles at Jacksonville on Saturday at 815pm ET on NBC

Miami at Buffalo on Sunday at 1pm ET on CBS

New York at Minnesota on Sunday at 430pm ET on FOX

Baltimore at Cincinnati on Sunday at 815pm ET on NBC

Dallas at Tampa Bay on Monday at 815pm ET on ESPN

MDS

zealot al is doing that jax/lac playoff game. al in duval county! lets do it. i wonder how bitter hes going to be.

i feel like they went jax/lac over sf/sea because of the qbs. 2 bigger markets in the nfc but they want to showcase herbert and lawrence. sunday was simple, cbs gets its top game, fox with ny market in the prime 430 slot and nbc gets the remaining game.

but the real shock is mnf getting the best game of the week. they do not get this without bringing over joe and troy. i feel like thats exactly why they got it - this is the last game perhaps of bradys career and they want the big boys on it. if youre wondering why espn sold out so much to the nfl and why they paid joe and troy all that money, its because doing so would give them these kinds of games. welcome to trillion dollar circle jerks.
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

PhillyPhreak54

Also if Minny and SF win then the Eagles will face Dallas or Tampa with them being on short rest and locks the Birds into a Sunday slot

ice grillin you

Is dallas really monday nite?
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

MDS

Quote from: ice grillin you on January 08, 2023, 11:49:29 PM
Is dallas really monday nite?

its 100% joe and troy and a gift to espn for being a good little boy who fell in line

Quote from: PhillyPhreak54 on January 08, 2023, 11:48:52 PM
Also if Minny and SF win then the Eagles will face Dallas or Tampa with them being on short rest and locks the Birds into a Sunday slot

yup. if seattle or the giants win, its saturday - id guess 430 because the afc games will have more marquee qb matchups
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

PhillyPhreak54

SF/SEA opens Niners -10 and the total is 43

QB Eagles

Quote from: PhillyPhreak54 on January 08, 2023, 10:56:41 PM
No doubt.

I expect Jacksonville to win that game

Not sure if I go that far but it's definitely the "degenerates only" matchup of the week. Stupid shtein is guaranteed to happen and Vegas will make a mint off whatever it is.

Everyone understands that the Vikings are extreme frauds and I expect that line to move as a result. At home I like the Vikings to pull it out of their ass like they did last time.

Dallas is 10x better than Tampa, but Brady is possibly some kind of football demon, and McCarthy is whatever the opposite of that is. I wouldn't be feeling comfortable if it was the Eagles going to Tampa.

Otherwise I think the favorites handle business easily.

Eagaholic

I don't think Brady is a demon so much as it's Gisele's witchcraft. If she does still try to help him, it's just because she's doing it for the kids.

PhillyPhreak54

For only the fourth time in NFL history two teams with negative point differentials will have off in the playoffs

Vikings -3
Giants -6

PhillyPhreak54

Tua is out and Lamar is likely out

Thanks for coming out Dolphins and Ravens

MDS

my leans for this weekend:

SF, LAC, BUF, MIN, CIN, TB

i feel least confident about the first game. minny/nyg man i dont know, i kind of bank on jefferson here since hes the best player on the field but its a huge coaching advantage to the giants. dallas is so much better than tampa but this feels like a classic cowboys shoot themselves in the dick, mccarthy does something stupid, some terrible dak passes and brady pulls it out of ass

PhillyPhreak54

If Miami keeps it close let alone wins it'll be a miracle. Longest shot of the weekend by far.

Baltimore is the second least to win. They have a smidge of a chance because of their defense. If they pull it out it's because Burrow has a bunch of turnovers. And Justin Tucker kicks 6-7 FGs.

Jacksonville is a sexy pick. I saw a stat where the Chargers are the team who shows the most mixed looks defensively and Lawrence only has like a 32 QB rating against defenses that move around a lot. Makes sense because he's young. Staley idiotically played Mike Williams and he's now out. This should be a close and fun game. I'm pulling for the Jags.

Minny and the Giants are most evenly matched of the games. Almost equal negative point differentials. Both have QBs who like to fiddle farg around with the football. Havas' homie Cuzzo would have to play well on a big stage. I think this game plays out like the previous one; something like 21-19.

Weather in Santa Clara is supposed to be nasty. That's the equalizer for Seattle. And does Purdy finally show some warts? If Seattle can unleash Kenneth Walker that could give them a chance. Of all the big dogs this weekend they're the likeliest to pull off the upset. It would be nice to see the Niners get knocked out early.

Dallas' defense has lost some of its fastball in the second half. Parsons is worn down a bit from being an undersized pass rusher. Their LCB situation is ripe for a Mike Evans and Chris Godwin roast session. I hope they play like shtein and Dak continues his pick fest.