Phillies

Started by MDS, March 29, 2018, 04:09:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PhillyPhreak54

Nothing depresses me more than reading about how farged the Phillies are when it comes to drafting and developing talent.

MDS

spencer howard is one of the better advanced pitching prospects in the game....they have nothing going for them but they have this

alec bohm might be able to hit. his defense is always going to stink but if he hits -- huge if -- he can replace that stiff hoskins at 1B

bryston stott plays a premium position and had a pretty good year in the low minors. this year is the big year. full season. he needs to make it to reading. theres some hope here, which is more than you can say for literally anyone else in their system

thats it thats the list. whats especially bad is their SP outside of howard. they dont have anyone in reading or lv that can come up and make a difference. its super sad.
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

PhillyPhreak54

wake ya boy up and let him know it is ok to sign people still, mds.

farging bullpen pieces galore going to the Nats

ice grillin you

yeah the nats are quietly somehow having a very good offseason and they lost anthony rendon
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

MDS

the bullpen is an easy thing to fix over the course of the season...im not worried about that

their rotation still stinks
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

PhillyPhreak54

ice grillin you

they are a farging clown show

MDS

they want to sign him long term but at the same time are haggling over 2.4 million dollars, i.e. a nickel to john middleton

the phillies are the phillies are the phillies

PhillyPhreak54

Makes no sense but yet it makes perfect sense

Rome

It makes "sense" if he's made it clear he's not interested in signing a long term deal.   Never underestimate the pettiness and stupidity of the Phillies.  After all, it's not a coincidence that they've set the galactic record for losing in the short, medium and long term. 

Geowhizzer

MDS

they are actually going to wind up keeping him off the 40 but in the minors. nobody is claiming the contract and if he refuses the assignment, he forfeits the money.

so its gonna be weird but odubel might play out these 2 years in lehigh

Rome

More absurdity from MLB.   They suspend him for 75 games because he presumably violated the morals clause in his contract, yet the Phillies have to eat the remainder of his deal plus have it count against the cap. 

You just can't make this shtein up. 

ice grillin you

there is no cap in baseball its a tax that the phillies refuse to go over

MDS

nobody and i mean nobody cares more about athletes salaries than my man jef with one f