Phillies

Started by MDS, March 29, 2018, 04:09:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ice grillin you

They are not going over the tax.  Period.
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

PhillyPhreak54

MDS

segura is going to be tough to move. hes coming off a frankly bad year where his speed disappeared and his defense worsened. theyd have to include a prospect or two to entice someone to take him, which then would allow them to sign a placeholder like todd frazier to cover 3B until bohm is up.

odubel and arrieta are even less likely to see any salary shed. something will have to give, but on the surface, the didi move is great. this buys them some time to see what bryston stott is and theoretically allows them to compete to frankie lindor in 2 offseasons, though it would require john m going over the lt.
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

ice grillin you

the bryston stott long game play

love it

PhillyPhreak54

Bryston is a real name?

MDS

its bryson and he had a 295/391/494 slash line last year, which is pretty decent for someone who was drafted in june

lot of unknown with him but hes not an immediate write off like 99% of everyone in their wretched system
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

Geowhizzer

This miserable system will ruin him soon enough.

PhillyPhreak54

Maik Maik to the royals 1/3m

MDS

they dont have the prospects to get nolan arenado but if colorado just wants to shed salary...there aint no excuse

bite the bullet you billionaire cancer giver

Geowhizzer

The Phils signed Mikie Mahtook!

Mikie Mahtook!!

MIKIE MAHTOOK!!1!

... who's Mikie Mahtook?

MDS

reserve outfielder who played for detroit...if he gets ABs its because bryce died

ice grillin you

the 2011 mlb draft

1. Gerrit Cole
3. Trevor Bauer
6. Anthony Rendon
8. Francisco Lindor
9. Javy Baez
11. George Springer
14. Jose Fernandez
18. Sonny Gray
45. Trevor Story
52. Blake Snell
61. Josh Bell
172. Mookie Betts

the Phillies had 50 picks and Roman Quinn was the best of them

Rome

Ken Giles turned out pretty good.  Like so many others before him he excelled after he left the Phils, though. 

MDS

im all for killing the phillies but 2011 they were losing picks for FA signings, drafting late and trading whatever talent they had to win world series

moniak and corny randy can die all day

ice grillin you

Quote from: Rome on December 23, 2019, 10:13:13 PM
Ken Giles turned out pretty good.  Like so many others before him he excelled after he left the Phils, though.

he had a year or two on the Astros but he was a better Phillie