Anyone seen a good movie lately?

Started by henchmanUK, December 09, 2004, 11:44:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SD

Killers of the flower moon - great acting and setting. Story was too stretched out for no good reason. Should have trimmed the fat and cut off an hour.

Barbie - Didn't make it past an hour. What an awful sexist vagina storm of women feeling sorry for themselves. Not sure how women go on living through such oppressive times. My daughter saw this with her friends in the theater...her review was harsher than mine.

PhillyPhreak54

Rewatching The Irishman for the first time since it came out and just realized that Herc played Fat Tony Salerno.

PhillyPhreak54

The We Are The World doc on Netflix was pretty good.

And the Run DMC one on Peacock has been solid too

ice grillin you

killers of the flower moon - whatever you do do not read the book before the movie...movie isnt great but would probably be significantly better if you havent read the book going in...books are almost always better but the chasm here is monstrous

5/10

Anatomy of a fall - really really good but not quite great cept the script which is subperb

7/10

i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

MDS

still have to knockout oppenheimer, past lives and anatomy of a fall

thus far in order:
american fiction - funny as hell. smartly keeps the commentary in the background and sneaks in a story about an upper class black family dealing with shtein. sterling k brown, scene stealer.
poor things - i knew emma stone was naked but i didnt know she was naked like allll the time. shes great, bonkers fun story. lanthimos fully on his game and not out on mars. the real mvp: willem defoe.
the holdovers - i love alexander payne and this is a very alexander payne movie. deeply damaged people coming together to feed off their damage and heal. just might be giamatti's moment.
zone of interest - almost more harrowing than any movie that shows the actual horrors of auchwitz because youre watching this family boringly live their lives while genocide occurs just over the wall. the point is just to sit there and take it. uncomfortable minute by uncomfortable minute. executed perfectly, but theres just not enough story to call it a great film.
barbie - really fun, but a courtesy nod for the stupid liberals
killers - martin scorcese appearing as himself to tell what happened to lilly gladstone was the most egotistical moment in the history of movies...get farged marty
maestro - boring, though brad cooper at least referenced philadelphia a few times in this script. make something fun and stop trophy chasing you junkintown hillbilly
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

SD

Road house reboot with Jake Gyllenhall and Connor mcgregor - starts out decent then unravels into an awful mess. Reaffirms how perfect casting swayze was as Dalton in the og. Anyway unless you're really bored don't waste your time.