Phillies

Started by MDS, March 29, 2018, 04:09:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PhillyPhreak54

Wow that's cool. Still got those journo chops, son!

It's funny he mentioned Syndergaard - I was just talking with someone today about guys they could go after and he was one.

Agreed on Stott taking over for Didi.

I could see Lurie maybe doing some fan interaction but def not like that. Harris probably doesn't even know there's an upper section at the WFC.

MDS

he was signing autographs and shtein...im like who in the farg wants their hat ruined by some trust fund babies signature. i see someone like that in the wild i wanna talk shop.

i dont portend he makes any decisions but volunteering syndergaard is as good a confirmation that youll get that theyve talked about him. he makes a ton of sense, though hes been pitching in a 6 man so some questions about how hell handle a traditional rotation. didi theyve had to discuss a DFA (someone has to come off the 40 to put jean on). hes been unplayable for a while, and of course they played him against 2 lefties vs. the cubs.

lurie i recall did some meet and greets back in the day when people used to wait outside the vet for playoff tix. i think at the autism shtein, hes out and about. but otherwise hed never just mingle with regular ass fans. harris wouldnt mingle with anyone outside of courtside (that isnt a high priced call girl)
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

PhillyPhreak54

Death taxes and Aaron Nola pitching like shtein

PhillyPhreak54

Bohm is the only one hitting

No comeback magic tonight

Don Ho

Quote from: PhillyPhreak54 on July 26, 2022, 08:34:47 PM
Death taxes and Aaron Nola pitching like shtein

That is good! 

Naturally, big game and he's collapsing faster than Sadaam's statue.
"Well where does Jack Lord live, or Don Ho?  That's got to be a nice neighborhood"  Jack Singer(Nicholas Cage) in Honeymoon in Vegas.

Don Ho

WTF HAAALL?  Was that three pitches?
"Well where does Jack Lord live, or Don Ho?  That's got to be a nice neighborhood"  Jack Singer(Nicholas Cage) in Honeymoon in Vegas.

PhillyPhreak54

You could tell from the jump that they had big loser energy tonight

Aaron "did my own research on YT" Nola folding like usual
Strider throws too hard for them
JT "my body my choice" Realmuto with a stat padding HR
Castellanos floundering again

MDS

Quote from: PhillyPhreak54 on July 26, 2022, 08:49:08 PM
Bohm is the only one hitting

No comeback magic tonight

bohm *is* hitting but 95% of it is worthless singles....a giraffe-like singles hitter with cement feet and a brick glove. what a player.

nola's been great this year but there was no doubt he was going to take a giant dump in a game like this

dom brown came up to hang for a half inning. his hands are enormous. later on he had an interaction with butch from manayunk, so you can cross that off your bucket list of things you didnt know needed to happen
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

PhillyPhreak54

So Dom was just chillin too?

Butch from Manyunk sounds like he'd be a Dirty Thirty clown that can barely form a sentence

PhillyPhreak54

Bats are semi-awake today.

Especially, once again, Bohm's.

SD

Brogdon pitched so well in the 7th the ump made him take his glove off to see his hands.

MDS

Quote from: PhillyPhreak54 on July 27, 2022, 10:35:11 AM
So Dom was just chillin too?

Butch from Manyunk sounds like he'd be a Dirty Thirty clown that can barely form a sentence

butchie is a WIP legend...hes not what you would call a functioning person, of course. i have no idea how but hes at every game and just meanders around in CF. one time zack hample pushed him down to get a homer ball.

anyway dom reached out to my man saying he wanted to hang. he wound up bringing a bunch of kids with him, sat in good seats, then came up for a second. he looked like he wanted to be anywhere else. which is fine, but he initiated the interaction. so i dont know. i never got the chance to ask how it felt to play with sean o'sullivan.

Rome

MDS

swept by the awful cubs
2/3 from the very good braves
? from the awful pirates

brooms out for the bucs

PhillyPhreak54