Phillies

Started by MDS, March 29, 2018, 04:09:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MDS

Quote from: QB Eagles on May 26, 2022, 12:14:49 AM
Quote from: PhillyPhreak54 on May 25, 2022, 10:46:07 PM
One year of joy

07-11 were all fun seasons. In the summers I would go on runs through the parks in Pittsburgh listening to Franzke through my phone. Even a normal regular season loss in those years had life and drama to it. Then the guys got old, and the team has been limp and boring every year since. But it's the Phillies, that's their default state.

i think the 14-17 years were more fun than this....they were bad, you know they were bad, they had idiots like cody asche and tyler goedell playing. you were waiting it out until they could turn it around. there was some hope.

now you have a ton of bad contracts, a flawed team, zero young talent and no hope today, tomorrow and 5 years from now. its the bleakest of the bleak.
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

Don Ho

I have to admit I am loving this in the fact my homer Philly buddies here have finally come to the dark side after this past homestand and the trash we saw the last two nights.  They constanty gave me grief and told me to shut up because I'm so negative.  Negative?  It's called being realistic.  I took the Phillies rose colord glasses and pajamas off several years ago.
"Well where does Jack Lord live, or Don Ho?  That's got to be a nice neighborhood"  Jack Singer(Nicholas Cage) in Honeymoon in Vegas.

Don Ho

They threw Bailey f'ing Falter out there tonight. 
"Well where does Jack Lord live, or Don Ho?  That's got to be a nice neighborhood"  Jack Singer(Nicholas Cage) in Honeymoon in Vegas.

PhillyPhreak54

Looking good, boys.

MDS

its amazing how much they spent on offense and how little they have to show for it

well amazing is the wrong word. typical phillies incompetence how bout that
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

Don Ho

Lineup of Designated Hitters, a SS batting .116, a farging moron playing CF, couple other dudes who show up now and then and Harper.

Don Ho

Quote from: MDS on May 27, 2022, 08:49:00 PM
its amazing how much they spent on offense and how little they have to show for it

Incompetence is right.  Decade of awful drafts, acquisitions, FO management.  Great, good for you, signed a bunch of Blutos who get hot every other week for a game or two but this season signings won't pan out.  God I hope I am wrong, but this shtein ain't happening this year that's a givein.  Sick of these retread bullpen signings.  How about signing or finding some speed on the base paths? sorry Roman Quinn.

SD

Quote from: MDS on May 27, 2022, 08:49:00 PM

My mindset: every game will be 9-7 but at least they'll be entertaining!

Reality: they're still the Phillies

SD

Garrett Stubbs wut

PhillyPhreak54

Well then.

Ok let's gooooo

PhillyPhreak54

Back to basketball I go.

Castellanos good lord son

Don Ho

Defense

Nick had no chance at ever catching that, he was lost the minute it left the bat.

Don Ho

C'mon Bohm!  What a weak ass effort.

MDS

very phillies game where they pile up their runs in 1 inning, make it kinda interesting but still take a bonafide L

Don Ho

Yep, the one inning wonders.